Where do the hardcore guys race at?

Discussion in 'Online Racing Discussion' started by Jamie Shorting, Jan 29, 2014.

1. Jamie Shorting

Jamie Shorting Registered

I'm looking for an organised league that uses weather, night/evening racing, starts races on a green track. Are there any around? Thanks.

2. Dave Millard

Dave Millard Registered

Come out to Tucson for a Visit Jamie, I'll take you for a ride in my Vette... hell, I'll even let you drive it if realism is what you are looking for. ;)
    But I haven't found anything lately that sparks my interest in leagues for realism. Probably because we don't have a sim that has everything us realists want.

3. Guy Moulton

Guy Moulton Registered

Check out my sig's group. Sunday GT league, but I don't know if it is what you are looking for. We are getting organized for a league series in March (2 preseason races coming up in Feb). We use weather (some are designated wet or dry, most use random weather- forecast is published), we will have races at different times of the day (1 preseason & 1 regular season night race), full flag rules and safety car. We use the same assists the real series does- low ABS, SC and TC- I like realism too. The only things you won't like are 50% damage and most races start with some rubber down (why would a RACE start with a green track after there's been practice and support series' on it? Each of our races will have rubber down according to the types of "support races" held before the main event so it will vary with each track). 60 minute FIA GT style races with forced pit stop (except 2 hours at Spa).

Each of our races is unique with different start times, different weather and temps and a mix of different types of tracks- not to mention a full field of 10 GT car models.

4. bwana

bwana Registered

Agree, Sunday race of a race weekend isnt going to be on a green track..

5. Jamie Shorting

haha David, with 1.5meters of snow in my backyard I might just take you up on that offer. ;)

Thanks for the responses guys. As far as starting a race on a green track, it's just something different is all. If it rained all weekend before the race I suppose it could be quite plausible to start a race on a green track. :)

We've got a large back of tricks here with rF2, I just don't understand why most leagues ignore the dynamic environment all together.

Here's to getting puddles with our rain this year. :p

6. kro388th

kro388th Registered

I here ya Jamie, I would love to see some more hard core races in time slots I could make .. One prob we have is the sim racing community is so fragmented with all the deferent sims out these days and the "this is better ,that sux" attitude a lot of the sim drivers have ,its really torn the already small group of drivers up into even smaller groups . Then theirs the cutting edge issue that leaves a lot of drivers without the horse power to run the newer releases without up grading or spending more $$$ to be able to even race , .. this holds people back from racing with rain and weather /night driving as it brings single gig vid card's to there knees etc ... I my self have spent a kings ransom to be able to enjoy the sims I have , for me its money well spent as this is my hobby, or one of them , my other hobbies take place outdoors and I cant do them year round so sim driving takes priority in the winter ! when you factor these things in to the fragmented community it leaves a very small group of us that now have to find a common time slot we can all make .. What we need is numbers seems like it takes 10,000 rf2 drivers with good hardware to have a 10 car grid in a common time slot with hardcore drivers ! I think in time it will grow but theirs some other choices out there as well so ....

That said I would like to start up a hardcore season on the FKR server but my times are limited to Wednesday evenings PST , not allot of people driving in that time slot as all the euros are asleep ! lol But I would like to start a DTM series with weather and the URD T5 mod as it has working wipers ;-) lol Now again that puts another damper on it as its a pay mod so more fragmentation ! lol

Question : how many drivers would want to join a 10 race season Wednesday nights in a PST time slot say 8pm with the T5 mod ? full weather and almost full damage as I believe the damage model is not yet complete and a little off at this time .. lol if I could get to 10 drivers I would host it for sure ..

Thoughts ? Ideas ?

7. Denstjiro

Denstjiro Registered

The large bag of tricks also means more diversity in setting up community racing, simple as that. we get more options, and will see much more combinations.

But I don't think our league is unique in member feedback so I reckon for the majority its a community consensus to go's with a certain setup.
    If you want something I reckon you need to become a member of a league and start campaigning the settings you desire. not the other way around :)

As for dynamic content, its tricky. allot of people did not, or will not, upgrade for rf2. so there's quite a few peeps out there whom suffer the consequences of heavy fps tracks/cars and dynamic circumstances. i.e. its lags the hell out of half the fields. (and its not always working properly yet)

8. Jamie Shorting

hehe. That takes time and patience. :p

@Rob. How about a one off event to gauge interest? I'd be interested in any car but at a track that isn't one of those hastily made conversions.

9. Guy Moulton

Guy Moulton Registered

If you made this Monday night I'd be on it, but at that time on Weds i'm asleep (work Thurs, but I get Tues off)

10. ROCKET

ROCKET Registered