When will it be finished rFactor 2?

Discussion in 'Wish Lists' started by theoldguy24765, Oct 10, 2012.

1. theoldguy24765

theoldguy24765 Registered

High Folks...

in the last few days i think about the Release date of rFactro 2 and what it is in the package ?

I mean they have no real singleplayer mod...no complete Race-Group like GTmasters or something like that. At the moment i've got the feeling there is nothing coming new...stucking in the old problems...dropping frames...a few tracks ...a few cars....

Where is a hole championschip, a complete season with all tracks?

I mean it is a lot of money we've payed to be a part of a betatestcrew, for more then a year. Tiremodel doesn't work...it is the call of ISI...Mirrors don't work in F60 cars....Wiper flying a way when you activate them...and so on...

For all the info we bring it up to ISI, including the money, there is not much coming up on progress for us....

The Question is, is there any Progress?

Maybe they sitting under a plamtree and louthing about us stupid idiots that they give the money for an old Project that never comes to Gold status???

2. YoLolo69

YoLolo69 Registered

3. Denstjiro

Denstjiro Registered

Finaly someone whom is not afraid to tell the truth!
    Good for you Oldguy!

4. Knight of Redemption

Knight of Redemption Registered

The truth as he see's it, yes in a sense they are sitting on something, the internal beta were all that stuff we are waiting for is being tested. The bells and whistles are irrelevant for testing and easy to add come Gold...no I'm not a fan boy, yes I am impatient too. But to suggest they are somehow ripping us off is silly, just ask for your cash back and come back when it's finished.

1 person likes this.
  5. PorscheMR6

PorscheMR6 Registered

1. use the search engine.
    2. read the news.
    3. wrong sub forum

6. 88mphTim

88mphTim racesimcentral.net

We have never said we will have complete seasons and offline championships. We're trying to give a wide variation of content, licensed, and a moddable platform incase what you want to drive isn't built by us. Offline championships may happen, but again, the full season of content, unlikely, and like rF1 if it does come, it'll come well after the software goes gold (rF1 contained VERY few cars and tracks in 2005, less than rF2 already has I think?)

But to answer your main questions, is actually not possible. We have no plans to finish rF2 development yet. Even when it is out of testing, we will still be adding features and content to it. So when would you call it "finished"? So you mean when testing will end? No idea.

What will be in the package? As I said above, we intend to add features, cars and tracks well after testing is finished. Do you want the package now, after testing, or 5-10 years from now? Because I can't give you an answer for any of those package periods, because none of us know what might be possible.

You haven't paid anything for this beta. If you need proof, don't use the beta and wait for the testing to finish, then enjoy the rFactor2 you did pay for.

I disagree. I've been around enough development in teams this size to know their pace is good. I suspect your judgement may be offset by developments where larger teams are working. All of this was explained, and is explained, in the various links and posts made about how this all works. If you did not read, nor understand, the things clearly stated about the state of the software, that is your issue to deal with. You should only be angry at yourself. You have absolutely no guarantee of rF2 even working AT ALL during testing. Complaining about wipers on this scale, etc, is just confusing.

I find your last sentence insulting.

7. SLuisHamilton

SLuisHamilton Banned

Hello, i have the standard purchase wich is valid to play online for 1 year after ISI decide to announce rf2 build as gold (not sure of this).
    I would like to know if content distributed (updates, mods, tracks) after my licence expires i will still able to download updates or new content.
    The membership refer to online servers or for entire software including patches and new content?
    Hope make this understandble.

8. 88mphTim

Yes, you will still be able to.

The online currently refers to multiplayer (of any kind, LAN or internet) and the ability to automatically update. You will have to manually update (as you have to now when we release most updates). There will also be other features ADDED which will be for non-expired usage only, but nothing you can do now will be taken away.

Please also note everyone that I didn't tell "theoldguy" not to make his post, I just replied to it. There is a big difference there. We don't tell you not to give negative feedback, we just reserve the right to reply to it. ;)

9. Denstjiro

Denstjiro Registered

Of course, his view. And my post was sarcastic, i mean common, in terms of making sense OldGuy has not made much effort lol.
    Either ignore or feed the troll for a laugh, thats all we can do realy.

10. SLuisHamilton

SLuisHamilton Banned

Thanks for that. Very clear.

11. mAxL

mAxL Registered

Hey Tim,

Any news/progress on point to point races (Hillclimb)?

12. 88mphTim

No. They've been largely concentrating on closed circuit racing content and coding at the moment. Main reason is so that the technology is all in-place for one type of racing, before they expand it to others.

13. MaXyM

MaXyM Registered

Sometimes such expanding may mean need of building things from scratch, because current solution cannot be easily adapted. I hope it'll be not the case.

14. 88mphTim

The post above you states the complete opposite, basically.

15. mAxL

mAxL Registered

Tnx for reply Tim :)

16. Knight of Redemption

Knight of Redemption Registered

Heh, sarcasm is tough to pick up in posts sometimes, so sorry mate on this occasion I missed it LOL