When I lock the wheels my T500rs explodes with vibrations/rattle=Undrivable

Discussion in 'Technical & Support' started by BadBitDino, Jan 15, 2017.

1. BadBitDino

BadBitDino Registered

Please Help
    I use the T500rs and rF2 on steam. Recently I have been having a determinant problem with cockpit vibration, as soon as I lock the tires the vibrations are incredible feels like my t500rs is about to literally explode!
    That happens with most cars isi originals and mods but especially with open wheels/formula cars.
    I have seen a few posts about this but the solutions are very confusing as they are all different and from very old posts (before the steam integration).
    Could someone be kind to share a solution please?
    Please avoid answers like "don't lock the wheels", anyone can lock their wheels or can brake and lock the wheels but if it happens at the beginning of a race, well I would have to retire and that means my rF2 is unusable for me as it stands :(

My Gain settings are as follows:
    Overall Strength of all forces: 70%
    Constant: 100%
    Periodic: 100%
    Spring: 0%
    Damper: 0%
    Auto-Center Settings: by the game

2. peterchen

peterchen Registered

I guess you got a flatspot then.
    This is something that is fully simulated in rF2. -----> you simply have square tyres then!
    The only solution for this is indeed to avoid locking the tyres! Sorry to say!
    Learn how to brake properly. Crank down the brake pressure in setup.
    And maybe a brake-pedal mod for the T500rs brake can help. Google it.
    If you for the life just can´t figure out how to brake properly, use ABS (F8 I think)!

Arne Senna and BadBitDino like this.
  3. bravotangosix

bravotangosix Registered

I had the same issue as you. If you can't adjust to the braking in rF2 while using standard T500 brakes (like myself) you really only have two options. 1. ABS or 2. Load cell. I actually bought the Ricmotech Real Pedal brake mod. Having never used a load cell before, I found the adjustment to be quite frustrating for about 2/3 weeks. Now, I will NEVER buy/use any brakes without a load cell. When you adjust to the method required it makes a massive difference. Braking actually becomes part of the drive rather than a symbolically timed gesture. Its a big investment over and above the price of the wheel but for me it was (and will forever be) an essential part of my setup.

BadBitDino likes this.
  4. BadBitDino

BadBitDino Registered

Thanks for your answers guys, I use the DB-Mod by SimRacingMania which in my view is the best conical damper brake mod out there and costs a fraction compared to others, and where I race ABS is not allowed.. Perhaps I should try decreasing the brake sensitivity by a lot and see if it helps. But I was more looking for answers like editing some ini or j.son files and decrease it from there but im not very practical editing those files myself..

5. bravotangosix

bravotangosix Registered

You can set the brake pressure via the control settings to get a pressure you that works for you. I had to do this for my load cell as it doesnt have any in built adjustability. Just press your brake to the pressure just beyond what you like and then select the MAX option.

BadBitDino likes this.
  6. peterchen

peterchen Registered

There is no tweak. Deal with it. Fine that you got what we meant! (I expected a rant after this answers lol! :p)
    Decreasing brake pressure does a lot! You will learn it! Good luck and keep going!

Edit: There´s a difference between brake pressure (in setup) and brake sensitivity in controler setup! Look there also!

BadBitDino likes this.
  7. BadBitDino

BadBitDino Registered

Not at all Peter, I appreciate any advice and input, thanks for taking the time.

Woodee and peterchen like this.
  8. BadBitDino

BadBitDino Registered

Well I have to admit that spending a bit of time lowering brake pressure sens. and adjusting braking in car setup did a lot improving my braking and avoiding lockups so im doing much better.. It seems it was my fault after all, silly me.. :confused:
    Cheers for all the advises you guys where all spot on.. :)

Last edited: Jan 18, 2017