When I have a serious accident, rFactor2 closes suddenly

Discussion in 'Technical & Support' started by JParra, May 31, 2018.

1. JParra

JParra Registered

Hello, good morning, community.

I would like to know if someone else happens the same as me and how he could solve it, if he did.

On several different tracks, all downloaded from Steam Workshop with DX11, when I have a serious accident against a wall or guardrail, the game closes suddenly.

Also, if I'm in a race or qualification, I get a DQ. This I suppose it is because, seeing the replay (server because mine does not manage to save it), the car is transferred for a few seconds to a parallel and unknown universe ... before closing.

I have an i7 with 16Gb of RAM and an Nvidia GTX 1080. I use Oculus rift. All drivers and Win7 OS are updated.

Any ideas?

Thanks to all.

2. Nitrometh

Nitrometh Registered

Hi. I had the problem with the apex bmw z4 gt3 on the Nordschleife. The car hit a hollow wall or everything and rf2 stopped working.
    Maybe that's a ride height issue or something else!?
    Maybe some background process caused your issue. But I'm not an expert ;)

3. SPASKIS

SPASKIS Registered

This issue seems to affect some cars. We are having it with the Civic under certain very heavy crashes.

The wheel gets frozen while turned and you need to kill the process.

I understand that it means that you would have died in the accident so having to restart your rF2 session should be considered a relief.

Seven Smiles, Mibrandt and Nitrometh like this.
  4. filippu

filippu Registered

In short : it's not a bug, it's a feature.
    (which happens to be rF2's motto).

5. JParra

JParra Registered

I found a video of a past race that I captured (sorry for the quality, it was to share on WhatsApp) In this case the vehicle is the Palatov (as in the incident of the last race) and the track Adelaide.

The processes in the background, I do not think they are the problem, as I mentioned above, I use the Oculus Rift to run in rFactor 2 and this implies having the impeccable OS to give full power to the Oculus. In fact, I even published a configuration guide on the web of our community, to have everything adjusted to run rFactor2 + Oculus Rift.

I leave the video that is actually captured from the server replay because when this happens to me, my rF2 does not save the replay.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1EoELpJy66_tnVvZ9iyidTaJDDvXJtn7o/view

6. ADSTA

ADSTA Registered

I haven't seen that since the rF1 days.
    This is just my theory with no experience of modding.
    The first part of going through the concrete barrier could be a speed+angle of collision anomaly.
    Then after going through the barrier, you were in an area where there was no actual surface to drive on, just an image.
    Just thinking out loud. :confused: