Wheels off center

Discussion in 'Car Modding' started by iDTDoug, Nov 9, 2014.

1. iDTDoug

iDTDoug Registered

ok, I'm a track guy so doing a car conversion is new to me but i'm taking a stab at it anyway. Car works in game, drives ok, but the tires are off center. in Max they look fine, spinner they look fine, on track they "sucked in" in all directions. What would be the checklist on finding the issue??

Attached Files:

• fc1.jpg
      fc1.jpg
      File size:
      134.2 KB
      Views:
  2. lordpantsington

lordpantsington Registered

Not knowing what is there I would: make sure the pivot is in the correct location, The pm is correctly locating the wheel center on each corner and the hdv/upgrades aren't screwing with track/wheelbase. Have you recently renamed rim/wheel meshes?

3. UnitedRacingDesign

UnitedRacingDesign Registered

If your pivots are fine and as its on track issue than its what lordpantsington sayed.
    Open HDV and go under [SUSPENSION]

There you will find this settings and some numbers should be there. You can adjust or change the numbers here as example 1.535 to 0.0.

FrontWheelTrackRange=(1.535,0,1) // if non-zero, forces the front wheels to be specified track width
    RearWheelTrackRange=(1.535,0,1) // if non-zero, forces the rear wheels to be specified track width

And the those to:
    LeftWheelBase=0.0 // if non-zero, forces the left side to use specified wheelbase
    RightWheelBase=0.0 // if non-zero, forces the right side to use specified wheelbas

4. iDTDoug

iDTDoug Registered

thanks that fixed it (made them all zeros).