Wheel turns off when online

Discussion in 'Technical & Support' started by EagleRacer22, Jan 31, 2021.

1. EagleRacer22

EagleRacer22 Registered

Hi all,

My Fanatec CSW V2 randomly turned off while in an online league race. It initially happened every half an hour or so, and then got progressively got more frequent. Twice before this full shutdown, the FFB turned off for a few seconds before slowly turning back on again. I tried updating firmware, putting it in a different USB, I checked the pins on my rim, I tried the same car and track offline for 40 minutes with no issues. It seems to only be online in rFactor 2. Is there a fix

2. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

Some Fanatec users have reported mushy FFB after repeated pitstops or session changes, but actually shutting off? Does the power light go off or is it just the lack of feel from the FFB? And do you have a button or key assigned to reset FFB?

Last edited: Feb 1, 2021
  3. EagleRacer22

EagleRacer22 Registered

The wheel just turns entirely off for a few seconds. No light, no forces, no inputs. Also, I do have a button mapped, but once the FFB actually turns off, resetting it does nothing

4. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

wierd, If it was more random, online AND offline, I would guess the power supply is failing. My only guess then would be heat, perhaps setting the FF effects to lower values.

5. EagleRacer22

EagleRacer22 Registered

No, it only seems to happen online, as I tried it offline for the same amount of time with no issues. I also tried it on Automobilista with no issues.

I dont think the FFB strength was causing any problems, as once the first total shutdown happened, I lost all feedback entirely. It still shutdown again after that, even with no FFB