Wheel & Pedal crash in the middle of the race

Discussion in 'Technical & Support' started by Legiar, Oct 26, 2023.

1. Legiar

Legiar Registered

Good evening all,

I have a issue sometimes during races online at any given time (happens 1 race out of 2 i would say) my Wheel Locks itself, pedals stop working & i end up in a wall (in the best case)
    after having a look at the Log i found this
    View attachment upload_2023-10-26_20-32-2.png
    My device is a Simagic Alpha & P2000 pedals, the driver is up to date.
    If somebody could try and help me with this i really enjoy the game and would even more if it stops crashing every 2 races haha.
    Thanks in advance !

2. Lazza

Lazza Registered

That message in the trace is normal (it's only a potential issue if there are no lines after it).

It's better to upload the entire trace file for troubleshooting, but also describe your setup as much as possible and the symptoms - I'm not sure if the game itself is still running fine when your controls stop working, or is it freezing up completely?

3. Legiar

Legiar Registered

here you go :) it's almost the last message anyway.
    Thanks for the reply

Attached Files:

4. Lazza

Lazza Registered

That trace file has no issues, it's also a startup and shutdown of rF2 after 35 seconds. If you were capturing traces when you had an issue it'll be a different trace file (they have dates and times in the names).

When this happens, both the wheels and pedals stop responding right? Does the game continue running, showing your car moving and running off the track? Or does the whole thing freeze up and then later wakes up again with you in the wall?

5. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

Adding to the above, do you have many USB devices connected? Via a Hub? Powered hubs are usually preferable to just a USB powered hub.

6. Legiar

Legiar Registered

ah sorry i used the wrong one i guess. here you go that's the correct one i think.
    No i used a standard USB socket at the back of my computer.

Indeed when it happens the Wheel stay stuck in the last movement, the pedals stop answering but the game is still working ok, if i don't ALT F4 i can continue to watch the disaster :)

Attached Files:

7. Legiar

Legiar Registered

wee up if somebody has an idea, following Dave comment i ordered a powered hub see if it fixes it... i also plugged the pedals straight to the base to avoid 2 USB port used on the computer.