Wheel issues and throttle probably a simple fix?

Discussion in 'Hardware Building/Buying/Usage Advice' started by No96, Dec 22, 2014.

1. No96

No96 Registered

I downloaded rfactor2 today, connected my Fanatec clubsport wheel and pedals today and they work as would be expect, turn, shift gear, brakes, clutch etc... only things I noticed >

Does anyone have any idea why the shift lights may not be working? I noticed some demo's on YouTube and they are not working nor is the display?... the display does work as it comes on when you change settings. I downloaded lots of bits from website - but only found a quick start guide, will have a better look for a more detail manual tomorrow if I get time.

I have not spent much time with it but other functions seem correct although I will have to mess with force feedback as it seems weak to not working.
    - have looked this up on youtube, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cMP-CDJVock#t=66 - seems this adjustable on the wheel.

Also, not sure why even though pedals (throttle has full range in set up) and in neutral + 1st gear will rev 100%
    but it won't rev high in other gears and I do not believe this is hard wear error as it's working, it might be some to do with the r factor settings
    but I do not think it is traction control I am sure I had this switched off, it won't accelerate down the straight but if you drop to 1st will rev out fully,
    the car will only rev when it goes off road???

Maybe someone could give me some advice before I spend time trying to sort this, if not I will sort it, hopefully sooner rather than later,

Thanks guys

2. Lazza

Lazza Registered

Sounds like your pit limiter is on.

3. No96

No96 Registered

makes sense Lazza :)
    I really had little time today. When I get time tomorrow first thing I will check, I might have to label the buttons on the wheel too.

Still can't find any info on the shift lights on this wheel, most vids on youtube do not show them working - bit odd

4. Axe

Axe Registered

do you use fanaleds? if yes check the settings in your controller.ini
    http://fanaleds.com/readme
    LEDs on my CSW works properly always

5. No96

No96 Registered

Thanks guys, got all issues sorted (so can use the kit now)
    will look into shift lights when I get more time, I have not investigated yet but thanks for the advice Axe - will look into it.

Throttle was pit limiter > Thanks again Lazza!

Have played with force feed back settings and they are getting there now, I have vibration over the rumble strips and good level off force feed back, it does not quite feel natural yet so I will play with that some more... I have made a note of base settings and mod settings.

Merry Christmas everyone :)

6. Axe

Axe Registered

sorry I forgot to mention the format of controller files is changed from .ini to .json and the possible values from 0/1 to false/true. I wish you a lot of fun and relaxation with rF2.

7. No96

No96 Registered

Ok I downloaded Fanaleds, followed the instructions.

1) Via the fanaleds > file > open pluggins I can open the rfactor 2 plugin and find the fanaleds plugin dill file. (correct)

2) I have followed the instructions via fanaleds - help "set up games automatically" and I have run the help "diagnositic test" > all the shift lights work and Fanaleds scrolls across the display (correct)

3) * Navigate to "rFactor2\UserData\Controller\ClubSport Wheel.ini" and look for these two lines:

Use Additional Hardware Features="1" // Whether to use additional hardware features like steering wheel LEDs
    Hardware 3Digit Display="1" // If hardware has 3-digit display, 0=off, 1=gear, 2=speed

I am going via C:\Users\rfactor2\UserData\Controller - I get .json files not .ini and these will not open for some reason?
    so I can not complete that part.

It seems like I am 90% there but still I do not have shift lights or display via r factor 2.. I guess I still need to access the controller folder which is .json not ini and check this?
    Any further assistance appreciated, I am pleased so far with the sim and r factor 2 - I just to need to sort a few things, bit of a learning curve and time consuming.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 16, 2015
  8. No96

No96 Registered

I have now accessed the .json file via C:\Users\rfactor2\UserData\Controller.

I found the following and amended true to false

"Use Additional Hardware Features":False,
    "Use Additional Hardware Features#":"Whether to use additional hardware features like steering wheel LEDs",

and 1 to 0.

"Hardware 3Digit Display":0,
    "Hardware 3Digit Display#":"If hardware has 3-digit display, 0=off, 1=gear, 2=speed",

Still no shift lights while driving. I am sure it is something really simple but as far as I can see I have done everything correctly :(

9. Axe

Axe Registered

Try to load the adjusted profile directly in the rF2. You changed the profile of your wheel but the change is applied after loading the profile.
    Or alternatively you can adjust the controller.json in C:\Users\rfactor2\UserData\player the same way you did for your custom profile.

I assumed you have CSW older version but if you have the v2 version the situation with fanaleds/rF2 support may be different. I do not know because I have only previous version.

10. No96

No96 Registered

Yes I have the early CSW. I will try that.

Thank you again Axe :)

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 17, 2015
  11. No96

No96 Registered

Still no luck, not sure what to do now. I have tried putting the fanaleds dill file into different plugin locations.... nothing makes any difference, shame there is not a expert nearby to take look.

I am fairly confident 99.9% is correct, perhaps one little thing can't quite be in place, which is a shame.
    It does seem excessively complicated considering everything else just plugs in and works, I'd understand a simple on/off leds in the r factor software.

I guess I will get it sorted at some point but I'm not going to focus on it for now.

Thanks for all your help Axe.

12. No96

No96 Registered

All sorted, thanks for all the assistance, if there was a thumbs up or kudos system I'd be using it frequently.

Thanks again. Pleased to be able to focus on using the sim now :)

13. Axe

Axe Registered

just to satisfy my curiosity what was the reason of the problems? how exactly did you resolve it?

14. No96

No96 Registered

To be honest I am not sure, I put the the dill. file everywhere I could think of. Then I upgraded the Fanatec software. I then made sure it was on, default was r factor 2 and it has worked fine since.

I think if you follow the instructions, make sure it is switched on set to r factor it should work just fine, I may not have downloaded r factor 2 in the correct location, but the auto set up seem to find it...

so no obvious answer, but I did not have to do anything special.

I am enjoying r factor 2 now! thanks again.