Wheel calibration changes?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by daveklein, Dec 22, 2015.

1. daveklein

daveklein Registered

So another question about a G27 wheel. There are 2 different modes the wheel goes into when I come back to RF2. One way is the way I kinda like it and that is, the wheel turns 90 degrees left/right for a full turn. The other way is that it goes the full 450 degrees left/right. I hate to spend a lot of time learning how to drive the freaking skippy, just to find out I'm doing it wrong. I know how purposely calibrate it either way, I just need to understand which is correct. Sorry if this is a silly question but I'm new and this RF2 software is involved to say the least.

Thanks!

2. Marc Collins

Marc Collins Registered

The accurate steering ratio is ensured if you leave your wheel set to 900 degrees (max) in Windows and let rF2 auto-select the ratio by car (you'll see that in the Control menu page). The only car that I wish had just a wee bit more ratio is the kart. The rest work perfectly, as they should, with no fiddling required.

3. Lazza

Lazza Registered

The skip barber is supposed to have 407° lock-to-lock.

4. daveklein

daveklein Registered

Marc, there is no more 900 degree setting in the windows config. I've seen that in so many older post but it isn't there anymore in the setup. Part of the problem searching for correct info is that there is so much legacy info that isn't there anymore.

And Lazza, does that mean 203.5 to the right and 203.5 to the left??

5. daveklein

daveklein Registered

Also, if your turning the steering wheel a lot more than what the sim driver is doing, I would think that is wrong.

6. Comante

Comante Registered

If you have not already provided, you should have a logitech profiler installed in your PC, is the program that allow you to configure your wheel. There you can set the max turning degrees and force parameters. If you there set the maximum of your wheel (900?) then in game you should be fine with flagging the "per car setting". If things are right, your actual wheel rotation should match your virtual wheel.

7. daveklein

daveklein Registered

I have the profiler but I just don't see any 900 degree. Sorry if I'm dense! Also how do you flag "per car setting"??

View attachment 18832

8. Lazza

Lazza Registered

Your software isn't showing the G27. Your wheel doesn't look like that does it?

Yes, 407° means 203.5 to the left and the same to the right. Wheel steering rotation is generally stated this way, so the G25/27/29 is capable of 900°, which means 450° each to the left and right. Saying the 'half' figure will usually just cause confusion.

Assuming you do have a G27 and not a driving force EX or whatever that pictured wheel is, once it's installed properly (not sure if the logitech software is actually necessary, but it does make things clearer I think) the game itself has an option in the controls settings to switch between a user-defined steering lock, or a 'vehicle set' option that adjusts it to the current vehicle, so it will change in different cars. That's what's meant above.

9. daveklein

daveklein Registered

Super weird thing is that I changed the USB port for the wheel and of course the RF2 did not recognize my wheel. So when I opened the logitech calibration tool, 900 degree option was magically there. Maybe I didn't have it set to the right wheel :( Anyways thanks, it's all working now.