Wheel balance/damage felt in ffb

Discussion in 'Wish Lists' started by Murtaya, Apr 22, 2014.

1. Murtaya

Murtaya Registered

At the moment we have tire wear, and trackrod damage both felt through the steering wheel. It would be nice if we could have road wheel damage where the steering wheel gets pulled left and right and the amount alters with your speed. Like when you have a warped or out of balance wheel.

And also warped disks could be simulated this way by the wheel getting tugged side to side under heavy braking.

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 22, 2014
  2. Lazza

Lazza Registered

I think the biggest part of your wish is 'wheel damage' ;)

In the longer term I think we can expect ISI to end up making more parts of cars non-rigid, including the wheels but also undertrays, panels, guards, etc. Looking at how extensive most of their implementations end up being I doubt we'd see the sort of things you're talking about put in as canned effects, so the FFB will reflect wheel damage or warped brake discs when that warping or damage is actually happening.

But considering the requirements rF2 already has without any of that extra calculation, I can't imagine we'll see it soon. And considering the relatively low incidence of those things in racing, compared to a lot of other things that more severely affect the implementation of different types of racing people will be looking to simulate using rF2, I'd probably be even less hopeful.

3. Murtaya

Murtaya Registered

I'm wishing fella. By the next gpu architecture the calculations will be fine. I'm nearly running maxed out now across triples, get 120fps most of the time. Within a year the top hardware will be running this with ease I think. But as I say it's just a wish. I think everytime you end up with severe track rod damage, it should be combined with some "wheel damage"

Wouldn't say no to world peace as well. ;)