What would the simplest parameter be to make a set of vehicles faster?

Discussion in 'Car Modding' started by GCCRacer, Jun 30, 2015.

1. GCCRacer

GCCRacer Banned

Hi all

I'm currently running ASR's RF1-converted 1992 Grand Prix Season cars (including Frenky's historic physics) against the 1991 RF2-exclusive Ferrari, Williams and Mc Laren they also released. If you really never heard of these guys before, check them out, they do top work: www.asrformula.com

Anyway, the thing is that despite the real life specifications of 91 vs 92 being very similar, the 92's car set is a bit slow and I have to run them at 120% AI to match a challenge for my 91's cars. Eventually as I get better on certain tracks, I might "outgrown" the usefulness of those "AI Bots" from '92 version.

So I was wondering, if I have a set of cars with slightly different physics, what would be a common parameter I could change for every car so that they all become a little faster, but keep a relative difference in performance?

I suppose changing the AI Tires to give all-around a bit more grip might be possible and would translate to a similar raise in performance for every vehicle? But I've never edited tire files before...

Any other ideas how to achive this that are not too involved?

2. Euskotracks

Euskotracks Registered

car mass and inertias.

Enviado desde mi GT-I9505 mediante Tapatalk

3. Navigator

Navigator Registered

4. GCCRacer

GCCRacer Banned

Thanks both of you :)

I figured out after some Google that TBC can be used for AI-only tire modification, and there's a "AIGripMulti" parameter which seems to work beautiful. I set the default value x1.17 and that about gives the same times at 100% AI as before at 120% AI. Since it affects all cars equally it kept the order of things good too.

Might be useful for anyone who needs more challenge from AI than the 120% setting provides.

5. Euskotracks

Euskotracks Registered

I understood that he wanted to change 91 cars performance to match 92 cars.

If you just want to change AI performance increase or decrease tire friction tbc files. This will hugely affect turning speed and laptimes. You have to do it for all used compunds and front and rear tires. Your tires won't be affected since you are using the values in tgm files.

Remember to test it in a track with a proper AIW (ISI' best). You might want to set AI strength to 100% when you calibrate grip values so that you can later compensate non perfect AI path tracks by increasing AI strength.

Enviado desde mi GT-I9505 mediante Tapatalk