What is the final word on losing steer lock?

Discussion in 'Technical & Support' started by Galaga, Apr 7, 2014.

1. Galaga

Galaga Banned

I did a search but there were so many results all with slightly different issues and going back to 2010 so I started a thread.

Since this last build or the prior build, I have been losing steering 'lock' mid race. Reset ffb fixes but I'm often already dead in race. For the last several weeks I have been manually setting in profiler and having to change every time I change a vehicle.

Is this a known bug? If so are there any workarounds other than what I am doing?

Is there any more information I can give or anything I can test?

Many thanks in advance :)

2. Guy Moulton

Guy Moulton Registered

This happened to a guy in a league race we held yesterday. He has a G27 and his wheel went from his default 450 to 900 out of nowhere. Totally ruined his race. He was coming out of the pits when it happened, BES mod (this is the first time it has happened in all the races we have held)

3. Murtaya

Murtaya Registered

I think this might be new with 590. I have never lost it during a race, but sometimes at the beginning of a session or changing vehicle I lose ffb. If I change rims on my csw sometimes I have to exit the game to get the proper steering lock back, it goes to 900 which is fun in a kart, resetting ffb in this case doesn't help. Restarting the game solves it.

4. Daytona 675

Daytona 675 Registered

Me too, last night testing the junior karts and Quebec I lost the ffb three times when I went out to the track. Never happened to me before.

5. Marek Lesniak

Marek Lesniak Car Team Staff Member

Guys, when reporting such things, also provide basic information, like what steering wheel you use, what operating system and what version of wheel drivers.
    It might help in finding, what's the true problem.

6. Daytona 675

Daytona 675 Registered

Latest drivers (64 bit 177) and firmware (756) in my Fanatec GT3 Rs V2 wheel, the rest in my pc specifications, only ISI content and TechAde´s overlay plugin installed, not using fanaleds.
    Never lost FFB before try this build.

7. DocJones

DocJones Registered

Lost steering lock (not FFB) in a Kart race aswell. Right between T1 and T2 it changed from my 220° ingame setting to the 450° driver setting at that time (at least thats what the necessary lock felt like after), which made for a major shunt. Never had this happen to me before in any sim.

I did check Windows events after the race, no indication that it was a driver or Logitech-whatever error.

G25, Win7 64, will add driver version when I'm at the pc

edit: Logitech driver is lgs510_x64

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 8, 2014
  8. Murtaya

Murtaya Registered

Sounds like a build issue then, if it's happening on fanatec and logitech.

If you are doing an important race at this time it might be advisable to set the degrees of rotation in your profiler to the same as the vehicle you are about to use. This sounds like the "vehicle set" box is somehow not always being read.

9. DocJones

DocJones Registered

Anything new on this issue? After a Karts event in April, Indy Practice a few days ago it's the third time I run into it. Really bummed because it was in a race today. :(

G25, Win7 64, Logitech driver lgs510_x64. I don't (and never in the past used) Logitech Profiler. Exactly as the last two times, nothing suspicious to find under Windows events log.

Anybody here who had the issue and found a solution?

10. SinnerMcSaint

SinnerMcSaint Registered

Got the same problem,win8.1 x64 logitech drivers 5.10.127 x64, rf2 also latest 64bit, but it happens with the 32bit build too.
    I noticed that quite often at the same time as im loosing wheel rotation, the sound get very low, both with my sennheiser headphones (the run on their own usb soundcard) and my mb-integrated soundcard (Realtek HD-audio)

Edit: this happends mid-race, i can drive for 2 minutes or 2 hours, it seems to be very random.

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 18, 2014
  11. realkman666

realkman666 Registered

Now I understand why I looked like an idiot the other day. It's like the sensitivity went from 3 to 10 all of a sudden. G25, Win7, 770.

12. KeiKei

KeiKei Registered

I've had this many times in the past. Back then I was often using FFB multiplier greater than 1. Nowadays haven't experienced it (I'm using 0,6 ... 1,0 depending on car). Did 4 hour endurance race on last Sunday - no problems at all.

Sometimes I get this though when entering into car from garage - usually only the first time after changing vehicle. But it gets "fixed" by resetting force feedback. You have to set a button for it - I've set space bar. Sometimes I also lack FFB when entering into car from garage and reset force feedback "fixes" that too (as expected :)).

So try to keep FFB multiplier (in-game -> settings -> controls -> car-specific FFB mult) under 1.0 and set button for FFB reset (in-game -> controls -> devices -> reset FFB). Hope it helps!