What is RIGHT with ISI

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by DurgeDriven, Jan 16, 2015.

1. Ari Antero

Ari Antero Registered

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 22, 2015
  2. DurgeDriven

DurgeDriven Banned

Is that it ? wot' a fizzer mate. :D

Don't be bashful, tell us what you like about it.

hehehe

=============

Anyone ?

15 - Free Roam !

The possibilities are pretty obvious.

Other sims I get claustrophobia like I driving between 2 walls. . :)

It is so much more then rFactor free roam, the way physics interact, etc.

Having cars in crashes being captured, bounced or spun oddly by by invisible walls is not pretty.

3. DurgeDriven

DurgeDriven Banned

Free-roam

I love driving from Stavelot back up to Malmedy all through paddocks is possible.

Others places a missing fence section down the back of a paddock.

They didn't do that thinking no one would bother to try. :)

Woo never put houses in the middle of Longford map you can never see unless you drive to them for fun either.

16 - Interaction with objects

I once ended up in a F3 Spark sitting in the middle of Eau rouge atop of a hay-bale see-sawing slowly to a stop. lol

Ended hanging in F3 Eve half way up the tree at house on the left just before Malmedy.

I like the way different cars drive over a Longford gate.

I like how the sign at Malmedy ( Belgium chicane) breaks up on impact.

I like the physics of the hay-bales bouncing into your path at a fast chicane, more so the outcome if it hits you.

I like how a post can get stuck under your F3 a dozen different ways and at it's most dramatic near stand your car on it's nose.

I love the attitude cars get jumping hills and mounds around Belgium.

4. Ari Antero

Ari Antero Registered

I let you know as soon ISI can also give to me proper game experience and when there is more pro`s then con`s, it is bit hard to be positive when my low end PC can not deliver more then 20-40 fps. :)

5. Domi

Domi Registered

The tire model, which is a masterpiece.

6. Saabjock

Saabjock Registered

Initiative.
    Commitment to continue development to get it as close to realism as possible.
    Ability to be 'smart' about pricing...and not gouge the consumer.
    Ability to be all inclusive.
    Just a few....

7. GCCRacer

GCCRacer Banned

Something small I remembered yesterday...

Thanks to the excellent 3rd party Motec plugin (praise to the author who's name I haven't evident right now) we can look quite deep under the hood of the game. As I recently analysed a Lotus E21 lap around Interlagos, I noticed a small temporary spike in rear wheel speed on the first straight.

I then realized this is the point where I activate DRS. Which unloads the rear downforce and decompresses the rear springs and - in the end - gives the rear wheels a bit of slip while they are on full engine power.

And that's the magic of RF2 - there are physics happening. There is stuff happening so small we might not even notice during driving, but it's all there.

Other games might "fake" a DRS by just adding more torque to the engine or making the car go faster any other way (Codemasters?). Here you can actually see how everything relates just like reality.

8. hexagramme

hexagramme Registered

And exactly that is the magic of rFactor2, why I'm drawn to it, every day and again.
    There is SO much going on under the hood of this sim, and it makes for a new and exciting experience every time I sit down to race.

Every time I watch a real life race on TV, I'm wondering "what does this feel like, what does that feel like?".
    I then imagine how certain things feel like, sudden snap oversteer in a F1 car, a locked up front wheel, hitting a curb too hard etc.

When it then happens to me in rF2, it's just like "of course, that's how it feels like".
    I know a sim isn't reality. But man, it really tricks me into believing it is sometimes. ;)

9. jimcarrel

jimcarrel Registered

but Ari, that is why they call it "low end" (no dis-credit to you, but you did explain the "20-40" yourself).

10. LithiumFox

LithiumFox Registered

I'm going to say this right now, you're answering that for yourself. You are getting a low end experience with a low end PC. =/ To be honest, be happy you're even getting 20 FPS. =/ Bitching because your computer can't handle the game does not grant you the right to complain about it. Go out and get yourself a PCIe 3.0 compatible mobo and get a GTX970 (I went MSI). Not terribly expensive, but will give you at least a decent frame rate at 1080p. You could also try lowering your resolution, because it's not the developers job to make sure your specific computer can handle the game.

I hate people like you. With a passion. We are now enemies.

11. DurgeDriven

DurgeDriven Banned

loooool

He jokin' Ari ( i think loool )

But he makes a good point.

Funny I thought he had a high end PC as in one particular thread years ago I suggested people getting <60fps lower their settings to see if they get better feel latency feel steering with more fps.

Ari blew up accused me of saying 3 monitors and SLI is a waste all you need for rF2 is a slow PC. ?

lol how he came up with that ............ I got no idea. :)

I mean it is the way when a sim like AC says "Ultra" you know some people are going to try and run it no matter what hardware they use. :)

They are mostly the ones wil be complaining about lag / stutter etc etc

12. Spinelli

Spinelli Banned

I sometimes give ISI a hard time because, well, I guess I can be quite the critic and opinionated; I tend to see the bad - physics wise - in any game, not because I'm negative and want to "bash" games, but I guess because I'm picky or sensitive to physics and/or FFB issues...

Anyways, my point is: in spending the majority of my simracing time playing rFactor 2, my view of RF2's physics, RELATIVE TO OTHER GAMES, became quite distorted.

What exactly do I mean? Well I found that I was comparing RF2 physics more to real-life than to other games, and so I had a MASSIVE "WAKE-UP CALL" last night when I tried playing another "simracing" game. It was not ISI based, and.......WOW!!! IT WAS TERRIBLE! The physics were so stale and "flat", the vehicle dynamics felt like they were scripted or something, the rear-slip behaviour felt ridiculously, well, "retarded". It felt like 75% videogame and 25% "serious simracing". Just terrible! The FFB was fine, but the actual physics of the vehicle dynamics was honestly just laughable. Seriously, a good rFactor 1 based car was much, much, much more alive and dynamic than this particular game's physics, let alone rFactor 2's. It's almost as if the game makers modeled the physics engine off of how everything looks on television - where everything looks easy, "planted", simplistic/un-complex, until you finally get it so wrong that the car finally does some sort of fake/scripted feeling movement or slip - rather than real-life where cars are always moving around underneath you even if it's just small & complex dynamic movements.

The moral of the story? By spending most of my time playing rFactor 2, my overall simracing physics perspective got distorted. I forgot just how great rFactor 2's vehicle dynamics generally are, until I tried some other non-ISI-engine based sims, at which point I almost felt like shutting-up and never complaining about RF2 physics again because it then occurred to me just how much they generally destroy most other non-ISI-engine based sims.

P.S. Don't ask what game I played the other night - I won't say (don't want to start a war).

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 24, 2015
  13. Minibull

Minibull Member

It's all good, Ridge Racer isn't all its cracked up to be...
    XD

14. DurgeDriven

DurgeDriven Banned

Bet it was TrackMania

lool

15. DurgeDriven

DurgeDriven Banned

Spaksis good name for a mod, all cars. :p

Black Hole Ring
    Canyelles 54
    Canyelles 68
    Dorita Ring
    Duena City
    ISR Circuit
    Lowlands Circuit
    Pocoyo Park
    Salem Valley
    Tres Millas

Sound about right.

16. DurgeDriven

DurgeDriven Banned

17. Ari Antero

Ari Antero Registered

18. DurgeDriven

DurgeDriven Banned

Sorry went right over my head mate.

Pls explain. lol

19. hexagramme

hexagramme Registered

ROFL

Good one... ;)

20. Ari Antero

Ari Antero Registered

What is right with ISI, the answer must bee this amazing community.

Rely, I thought that you did know that if you give "a lil' something to the devs" you get benefit to offend and insult other forum users but if you are trying to do something to this community or are making constructive criticizing you get banned, I believe SPASKIS was banned few mount back in time.