What graphic setting?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Jize, Aug 19, 2012.

1. Jize

Jize Registered

hey guys,
    can you please help me? i'm not sure what setting i have to choose. is it 'none', 'software', 'gpu' or 'video'?
    i have a nvidia 460.
    also sometimes, for example with HDR off and on 'video' i get black screens. if i turn HDR on, then it's just fine.
    also the shadows appear really late. is it normal?
    oh, and another one, not related to the graphics issue: where can i download more tracks? at the moment i just have mills and brianza. but i was told that from ISI also malaysia is included in the beta? and also old spa. where are those?

2. KeiKei

KeiKei Registered

With latest build 101 I've started using vsync software. It has some graphical anomalies and bugs with some animations (flags, trackside personnel, etc.) but overall it's very good and input lag is extremely low. Also set your graphics so that framerate doesn't go below 58-60 fps in any situation.

3. Jize

Jize Registered

road reflections etc are yet not in beta, is it right? at least i cant see any regardless of the graphics setting.

4. privatebrian

privatebrian Registered

Hi

Road reflections work for me, but yes still very much in Beta...as is the rest of the software.
    Graphics settings are very much trail and error, from machine to machine.

5. SLuisHamilton

SLuisHamilton Banned

6. 1959nikos

1959nikos Registered

Malaysia and Spa are included in your full install. Just go to AllcarsAlltracks and youll find them in there.
    Also, they are in their appropriate mod i.e. Spa with Monaco are at 60s mod.

You can download more tracks from modders here
    http://isiforums.net/f/forumdisplay.php/77-Locations
    each in its appropriate thread.

7. martymoose

martymoose Registered

With other tracks some come with the mods I think so you need to install all the is I downloads plus all versions. Install them and then also install the updates the info is in the download thread how to do all that. Its not an entirely logical process lol and then when it comes to other 3rd party tracks it can get trick with old and new track versions.

With the sync settings I found my gtx 480's in sli work best with vsync set to video. This seems to get best results for me but it still suffers from the odd micro stutters and even though the frame rate will hardly ever drop below 59-60 all maxed with 29 ai there are times it doesn't look as smooth as it should. Its not the typical micro stutter caused by sli at times but it just doesn't look smooth if you keep your eye on the pit wall down the main straight at mills for example. Looking ahead you don't really notice it so I am being a little picky lol but I do lots of video editing and can easily notice a smooth 60p image compared to one that's got the odd missing frame.

At Portugal track and sear point the mirrors do cause the rate to drop to about 45-50 and this is with 29 ai or on my own down part of the main straight which is odd. All other tracks have no issues but as this is just a beta some of these things are expected.

I hadn't driven a sim for a while and my computer is setup for video editing and I just got a second gtx480 because it was pretty cheap at $200 second hand. One 480 was a big bottleneck in my setup once I loaded up some Sims again and spending $200 for a second 480 seemed a better option the $700 on a 680 which would give similar performance. All benchmarks I tried have my sli setup which is all over locked but 100% stable ahead of a single 680 performance wise. I will most likely upgrade the gfx to the next Gen 780 but until then the 480s are fine. I may get one more to try trial sli at $200

Rest of the setup is i7 2700k with h80 cooler @5ghz and 32gb ram all prime stable for 12hrs and temps are still at acceptable levels lower then on stock air at stock speeds.

Sorry about the random typos, this is from my phone and predictive type is winning the battle lol.

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 21, 2012