What about real helps?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by jrg_carrion94, Mar 21, 2013.

1. jrg_carrion94

jrg_carrion94 Registered

As simracing drivers want to be the coolest man on the world (me include) we always drive without helps. I don't have any problem until I started driving the Marussia, I could do some laps but i don't feel confident with car as I was with the chevy or other cars. My main problem was that at slow speed i couldn't throttle as cpu did, cause i lost the back easily.
    But then i realize and said to me: Men, are you trying to drive a car without helps meanwhile real f1 racing drivers have traction control? So, i tried to put traction control in low and my experience is now really better.

My question to ISI is: if i quit all the aids in a car, Am I driving the car like it is in real life (with its real aids; in this instance rfactor aids would be a extension of own car aids) or Am I driving the car at a difficult way than in real life(with all aids out including the own car aids)?

Other question: if the answer is the second one (I'm driving the car at a difficult way than in real life), will we have a option to put real helps? It would be something just like the real steering wheel's degrees, but applied to aids.

Sorry for my english, not my native language guys :D

2. ifrans

ifrans Registered

As far as I know they simulate as close to reality, so the steering degrees etc are correct. They don't have traction control the last couple of years, they did before. So all aids of, except for clutch I think.

3. wgeuze

wgeuze Registered

There is no traction control in real life luckily :)

What they do have access to, is for example a throttle map which they can alter, they especially do so when in whet circumstances for example. We have the ability to change the same for our throttle pedals in the settings menu, you can adjust the curve of the throttle pedal to be anywhere from linear to completely hollow curve. This means, the first part of the pedals' throw will result in a lower application of the throttle as opposed to the last portion of throw in comparison, meaning a progressive way of applying the throttle compared to the throw.

You can set the curve in that settings window to match the rounded curve below :) The ferrari wheels actually have something like this on the steering wheel, which allows them adjust the curve real time. It works not in the same way, the result should be roughly the same.
    [​IMG]

Aside from this, you have to be progressive on the throttle with these cars, it's like a rocket strapped to a go-cart :)

4. pay2021

pay2021 Registered

Jorge, formula 1 doesnt have driving aids since 2008, just power steering and anti-stall, wich are present (if i not wrong) in the Marussia, no ABS and no TC.

Also, yes, to keep the car in track you must be VERY gentle with the throttle.

Personally i really like rf2 ffb/physics, but, like others, i think that rf2 fault among others sims is "think" that drive a car must be hard and unforgettable, i think is not, but i never drive a car with more than 200 hp.

With practice, you can do laps without spin but i still think that rf2 is too unforgettable, and im a pretty decent driver.

5. Golanv

Golanv Registered

I would like for ISI to add this sort of information to the car info section. Does the car have TC, ABS, what kind of gear box/shifter, with all the rest of the specs that are available.
    I'm sure that the car info section is gonna get better eventually, but it would be nice to have the same info also in-game rather than just on the website.

6. ifrans

ifrans Registered

+1

Would also be usefull for the Demo, so people would read info like "marussia has 50% less downforce than Red Bull", information about how to use brakes etc, that way people don't get disapointed because they are thinking it's unrealistic. I don't think that every demo user will read these forums.

7. jrg_carrion94

jrg_carrion94 Registered

Thanks for the answers. It seems I was wrong with f1 aids thanks for correct me mates, but i open that thread mainly because i want to know exactly what am i doing when i turn on an aid, let me explain myself. If a car have tc in real life, for example, and i put no aids on rfactor, Have I got tc or not?

And as Golanv and iFrans said i would want to know what aids has the car if they are not on when i dont put aids.

@wgeuze: i'll try to use that information, thank you!

8. wgeuze

wgeuze Registered

As per the previous topic which touched this subject, I believe car specific aids are not built in as of yet but yes, that should be in there in the future if I understood some staff posts the right way.

9. deBorgo83

deBorgo83 Registered

Depends on the car. GT3s generally have systems such as ABS and traction control, partly because they're often raced by non-professional drivers.

10. MarcG

MarcG Registered

I think this was the plan originally, Tim will confirm.there's certainly room in the ui for tech info anyway.

11. 88mphTim

88mphTim racesimcentral.net

They did/do not have traction control for this car.

It literally is that you haven't had enough practice. F1 drivers drive these cars for a living. Just put some more time into it and you will begin to get more throttle control in your right foot, possibly even muscle memory, tuned to driving this type of car.

12. Spinelli

Spinelli Banned

I really hope Tim reads this...

Do no look at the A.I. when it comes to laptimes, driving style, speed through a corner, grip, etc etc etc.

A. They are not using the same tyre model

B. Regardless of which tyre model they are using, their physics as a whole are much, much more simplified/"dumbed-down" than the player's, your computer would explode or run at 0.001 fps if it attempted to run every single A.I. car with the full exact physics as you're own car.

C. I wish more people knew about this, too many are trying to compare/look at the A.I. driving/times.

D. I hope ISI makes a manual one day explaing everything, like all of this, stuff on how the physics arent completely connected to the graphics model (and even less so in replays) and just a crap load of FYI/better understanding of the product thingy. They should just put it as an in-game thing you can view in the game itself (plus also make it into a seperate pdf file). Make it real long and through, describing many, many things.

E. Give an explanation for every setting of every menu in the game when you hover your mouse over it

F. Have an advanced options menu, and then a super or extra advanced options menu, each giving you more and more options from the plr files so you can adjust them right away in-game, have warnings that pop up saying you shouldnt touch these if you dont know what you are doing, they can ruin the gameplay experience and make it as it is not intednded to be, blah blah blah blah.

Just more user friendly explanations and general info for us all. Man I could write most of the stuff myself, its not hard. Its one of those things that's not hard, but SOOOOOOOOOO many people would really notice it, appreciate it, be interested in it, and understand and enjoy the product better/more because of it.

E. Sorry, I always go on a tangent and "hi-jack" peoples threads, my apologies (i gotta stop doing this).

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 21, 2013