Wet weather not working on converted tracks

Discussion in 'Track Modding' started by hamiltonfan2205, Sep 28, 2013.

1. hamiltonfan2205

hamiltonfan2205 Registered

Hi

I have followed Spaskis's tutorial with the realroad, but for some reason, the wet weather is barely making a difference, there is a difference but only by about 7 seconds, and the cars still use slick tyres, but on other tracks, it is wet enough for wet tyres. Apparently you have to set a wetline for this. Does anyone know how to set a wetline? And if the wetline isn't the cause of this problem, then does anyone know how to make the wet weather work? Any help would be appreciated.

2. Lazza

Lazza Registered

Do you mean something like this in the .tdf?

[TRACKVARS]
    RoadDryGrip=1.00
    RoadWetGrip=0.85

3. SPASKIS

SPASKIS Registered

AFAIK, if realroad is correctly implemented and the path taken by cars is rubbered, wet weather will normally work. I am not sure if the difference in grip levels between wet and dry can be adjusted within a material. It is typical when converting tracks, to use the standard tdf provided with joesville track in dev mode. if you are noting 7 second difference wet weather is working for sure. I would say that the difference in grip levels is only conditioned within the vehicle tyre files and if that difference is not large enough for you you should provide some info about it, benchmarking other cars and tracks and posting the results with those.

What you mention about a wetline sounds ilogical to me. The reaction of the wheels with the track has nothing to do with AIW kind of files which is what awetline suggests.

Enviado desde mi GT-I9505 usando Tapatalk 2

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 28, 2013
  4. hamiltonfan2205

I am using the same mod on each track. One one of my converted tracks, the wet weather doesn't affect the cars much they still use slicks. On Mid-Ohio however it does have an effect and cars use wet tyres.

5. SPASKIS

SPASKIS Registered

What is the name of the material of the road that you say it does not work? Material names are important since they define the rfactor material which it uses. That is why lot of material nammes start with roadXXXX or grvlXXXX. Maybe in your case it is applying a material where the difference between dry and wet values within the material definition in the tdf are very different from normal ones which typically differ by 0,15 or so.

6. hamiltonfan2205

The material name is "visroad"

7. SPASKIS

SPASKIS Registered

Then you should change that material name to roadxxxx within 3dsimed and reexport.

8. hamiltonfan2205

I've just realised that on one of my converted tracks, the material name IS roadmain but the wet weather isn't working correctly on that one either.

9. SPASKIS

SPASKIS Registered

Rename those materials as I said.

10. hamiltonfan2205

tried that, no difference :/

11. SPASKIS

SPASKIS Registered

If you upload it and pm me the link, I'll take a look.

12. hamiltonfan2205

Sadly its not letting me upload the way i usually do it cos it says the file is too large :/