Welcome text without plugin

Discussion in 'Hosting Help' started by nultweezes, May 21, 2015.

1. nultweezes

nultweezes Registered

Hello,

Is it possible to make an automatic text message to a player who joins without the use of the welcometext plugin?
    I thought that in rf1 there was a welcometext entry somewhere in the multiplayer.ini. I can't find it in any rf2 .json.

2. Lazza

Lazza Registered

rF1 had/has a MOTD, which definitely showed up in the matchmaker, not sure it ever did in the server itself though.

Pretty sure there's nothing built in. Any reason a plugin isn't good for you?

3. Juergen-BY

Juergen-BY Registered

Yeah and don`t forget one of the major features of the Welcome Plugin: managing extra weights....

4. nultweezes

nultweezes Registered

No I don't mean it like that... I appreciate that someone put his own free time in making the life of others easier.
    If there was a way I could get it working I wouldn't even ask this question.
    But the problem is that I host from a server that doesn't give me access to the "host button".
    I have to configure everyting by uploading the files and configuring the player.JASON and multiplayer.JSON

Or am I wrong and should it work this way, and have I put the files at the wrong place?
    I have the .DLL in the plugins folder, and my .txt and .ini in my player folder.
    Thanks both for the feedback.

5. Juergen-BY

Juergen-BY Registered

Release notes...*=depends on the OS

6. nultweezes

nultweezes Registered

Thanks so much mate!
    Turns out the welcometext.txt needs to go in the root folder. And the .ini isnt needed anymore.

7. Juergen-BY

Juergen-BY Registered

For extra weight i guess, the ini is needed...