WEC Track Layouts

Discussion in 'Locations' started by davehenrie, Nov 24, 2016.

1. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

Several tracks, like Paul Ricard Httt and Nurburgring GT have alternate layouts for GT or Prototype cars. I watched a video this morning showing GT3 cars from AC that drove on a Nurb circuit with just such a change.
    The NGK Chicane near the end of the lap is extremely sharp Left/Right for F1 races, but has a drive through lane that WEC uses with just a shallow bend to the left and that is what the AC cars were driving on.
    The rF2 Fuji 2012 already is using the relaxed layout. What would it take to get a full set of WEC tracks that use whatever changes are actually used in actual WEC events. (I think Bahrain is already using the WEC format) ARe there other tracks that WEC uses with alternate layouts?
    dh

2. Mach

Mach Registered

So, there's Silverstone, wich we have, Spa-Francorchamps also, Le Mans but not with a truly accurate actual version, The Nurburgring wich used the F1 chicane this year, the Autodromo Hermanos Rodriguez wich I think we don't have, COTA wich seems the good one, Fuji, Shangai and Bahrain. There's just missing an accurate version of the actual Le Mans and Autodromo Hermanos Rodriguez. For Paul Ricard, you should take the 1.03 version on steam. There's the 1A-V2 version under the Paul Ricard GTP name ant that's the one the WEC uses. Even if the track needs to be more flat than that(some corners are blind and that's not the case on the real track)

3. Matt21

Matt21 Registered

0- Prologue Circuit Paul Ricard HTTT version v1.03 by digga

1-Silverstone version V1.35 by ISI

2-Spa version racerfactor Spa-Francorchamps v1.53

3-Le Mans see below

4-Nurburgring version Nurburgring by mianiak v1.00

5-Mexico version racerfactor mexico 2015 v1.05

6-Austin version racerfactor austin 2013 v1.04

7-Fuji no accurate version with new chicane in sector one
    2 versions VLM Fuji vspeedway 2012 v1.04 by ethone and Fuji Speedway GP v0.46 (Katsuo) by Bellet

8-Shanghai version racerfactor china 2014 v1.12

9-Bahrain good version by McNolo v1.03 http://www.virtualr.net/bahrain-for-rfactor-2-released with WEC layout
    (6 Hours of Bahrain (Grand Prix Layout but with more garages, 18 teams + 2 located on the outside = 40 cars))

*********************************************************************************************************

i have found 3 versions of LM24h on opened servers on lobby

most known is VLM Le Mans 1991-1996

and if you just store the servers by track names (details) in lobby

look for:
    - ''Circuit de la Sarthe'' it is lemans2013 by yetisaj i think, it is still a WIP
    - ''Lemans2013'' it is lemans2012 by zolee from rfactor1 bad grass texture, track seem ok

connect ''join race"" and with autodownload you get the tracks, no pw

Last edited: Nov 27, 2016
  4. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

Thanks for the listings. I grabbed those. I have collected some tracks via the online server downloads, but about half the time I lose 20 to 30 minutes and get a download error. I appreciate your help

5. Mach

Mach Registered

well, to clarify some things: Le Mans 2013 by yetisaj is good for the most part, but there are 2 parts of the track wich aren't good. the long smooth right hander after the finish line needs to be a bit more straight and then turn suddenly to join the Dunlop chicane. it should not be a long corner that turn sharply at the end(hard to explain since english isn't my main languageā€¦ I still can do apicture explanation if it's needed) and the Tertre Rouge curve is too sharp. you can normally take it near the limiter on 4th gear. in this one, you cant. I tried and I'm always on the yellow stripes. I ran on the Le Mans simulator near the Porche curves. they have the GPS version. and those 2 curves are the least accurate of the track

6. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

I understand. I did manage to get online with a 2013 version of LM this morning. I was painfully slow, but worked hard on the setup and got the pace down to just awfully slow. Tertre did seem to be sharper than what I've seen on TV the last few years(as you have noted.) Turn one is different in almost every version of LM I've ever driven. The goal is to stay flat til you complete the turn, but that is above my pay grade.