Weather Tool Problem...would someone confirm

Discussion in 'Other' started by BoothJoe, Feb 6, 2016.

1. BoothJoe

BoothJoe Registered

I noticed this tonight with the RF2 Weather Tool 2.2.0.0. This is the updated tool that uses WeatherUnderground for historical weather.

I'm scheduled to race Silverstone in my next offline, solo season. I use Gerald's weather tool to generate the scripted weather. I am racing the 1991 season, but there isn't hourly weather data for all years so I generally start at 1991 and keep generating historical weather data year by year until I get "good" data. Well, tonight, I noticed that no matter what date I put in (from 1996 forward) I get the same weather report...LightCloudyAndRain, 8C . I compared this by going directly to WeatherUnderground and generating the hourly data there and comparing it. The report on the WU site varies, but the weather tool consistently and continually says the same thing--LightCloudyAndRain.

Could someone else check this please.

Here is the WeatherConfig.xml stanza for Silverstone:
    <!-- ******************** England 7/14 *********************** -->
    <Location name="#8 Silverstone 7/14" inProfiles="1">
    <Providers>
    <Provider id="2,3">
    <Parameters>
    <Parameter name="Longitude" value="-1.028061"/>
    <Parameter name="Latitude" value="52.091477"/>
    </Parameters>
    </Provider>
    </Providers>
    <Directories>
    <Directory path="Silverstonegplayout"/>
    </Directories>
    </Location>

2. ucfquattroguy

ucfquattroguy Registered

I noticed that, too. For example, Nurburgring. For some reason it'll only pull hourly data from 12:00a-5:00a. Nothing at all is pulled for Interlagos. Lat/Lon coordinates look OK to me last time I verified them. Doubt it has anything with the tool..but maybe the API is broken on WU's end??

3. BoothJoe

BoothJoe Registered

If you go to WeatherUnderground and use their historical weather tool, you'll see that sometimes the hourly data isn't hourly or it isn't for the entire day or something like that. This is especially true the older the information you seek. Or the more remote the location. The comma delimited and metar output you can get from WU's history tool looks good, too. Thanks for confirming there is an issue somewhere.