Weather stuff

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Alex72, Jul 8, 2017.

1. Alex72

Alex72 Registered

Hi guys,

When i change every slot for weather it's meant to do those changes for the duration of the time right? I think it has been random for me at times and i dont know why while other times it seems to do exactly what i put into each slot. Like sometimes i start with clear in the first slot but when i get on track its cloudy. Not that i complain since i would really like random weather, but its been a little strange and i dont know why it would do that.

Would be awesome if we could have a selection called "random" that would always randomize the weather from clear to heavy rain, but it could be random in any way like mostly clear through a whole session or go between it all. You would never know and had to adapt.
    Also a few more robust randomized selections like "random rain", "random overcast" and "random clear". They would be mostly as advertised but with small variations to them. Random clear would drift into a little bit of clouds and back but never rain while random overcast would be mostly cloudy with maybe a smaller drizzle now and then but without heavy rain etc.

Also imagine if there could be a value tick (or what you programmer nerds call it hehe) that even though its randomized weather this value knows what the next weather is going to be so that you could hook it to CrewChief/spotter/text box on screen and could give a hint about it. :)

Maybe S397 got similar plans when they get time eh? :)

2. ADSTA

ADSTA Registered

Maybe you were changing the settings but didn't have the session selected you thought you were changing.
    ;) Just an idea, I rarely use single player.

Alex72 likes this.
  3. SPASKIS

SPASKIS Registered

Beware that when selecting a dtermined weather it fixes that situation for a specific time of the session. 0% - 25% - 50% - 75% - 100%. In between those timespots it makes a transition. Therefore if you want a full 25% time lapse with rain you should set two consecutive time spots with rain. Before and after it you will have a transition from previous and to posterior selected weather.

I agree the actual solution is not random at all. I strongly recommended using realtime weather plugin. You can select any location to use its weather. Take a UK location. They provide awesome random weather!

Alex72 likes this.
  4. Alex72

Alex72 Registered

Thanks guys. Yeah i looked at the realtime weather plugin but there was so much information (which is a good thing) that i have left it for another time, for now. :) I thought maybe you have to punch in information about the area etc and i didnt know if it worked in DX11 without causing problems. I will look at it. Thanks man.

@ADSTA I havent even tested MP yet in rF2 lol. Think i tried once to connect to a couple servers but it wanted to download stuff and when it was done it still said "nope". :D Would kill for a historic race on belgium 66 or somethin. :)