Weather not loading?

Discussion in 'Technical & Support' started by Amanda Santini, Aug 17, 2017.

1. Amanda Santini

Amanda Santini Registered

Usually I customize the weather to start with a specific setting (e.g. rain), then move to other patterns as the session moves along, as you can see here: http://i.imgur.com/4JkVu9V.jpg

However, when the session starts, the weather stays at "sunny", as you can see here: http://i.imgur.com/OcmsgS6.jpg

If I set the weather to only one setting (such as rain for the entire session), it starts and ends in that setting SOMETIMES.

I did a search about this but couldn't find anything related to "weather not loading", so my apologies if this has been answered before.

Last edited: Aug 17, 2017
  2. ceecee

ceecee Registered

3. Wishmaster

Wishmaster Registered

4. Amanda Santini

Should it really take this long for the weather to load? I mean, if I set the weather to one setting (and all the game files have been verified by Steam), rF2 will instantaneously start with that weather, so I think it's not that hard for the sim to set a specific weather, there's something wrong here. As I understand, it shouldn't take more than a few milliseconds to change weather, even while in session, even complex weather such as on X-Plane is loaded instantly and on-the-fly once I hit "Apply".

Once I start such session with the bugged weather, I race for around 15 minutes and nothing happens.

Last edited: Aug 17, 2017
  5. Highlandwalker

Highlandwalker Registered

I see from your jpeg that rain chance is set to 0%, try setting this to about 20-30% and your should get your rain. I have the weather set to rain on some of my tracks with 0% chance of rain, some races it will rain and other times it won't. So its like a real weather pattern. Hope this helps.

6. Amanda Santini

Thanks but there's no way of setting that for any weather other than "Raining".

7. patchedupdemon

patchedupdemon Registered

I thought I had this the other day,I kept changing the weather condition but it would stay sunny all the time.

Then I realised I was changing only the race session,so every time I entered the practice session nothing changed and I was like,when I realised I was laughing at myself for being dumb