Wather spray

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by lukadeu, May 7, 2013.

1. lukadeu

lukadeu Registered

Last edited by a moderator: May 7, 2013
  2. Banger

Banger Registered

water spray u mean?

3. Hedlund_90

Hedlund_90 Registered

Nah, I wouldn't say rF2 spray is OK... There's only 2 tracks where it look OK, and that's Sebring and Mid-Ohio. I don't know why. Have you tried it lukadeu?

But I think it will be OK someday.

4. tjc

tjc Registered

Yeh the water spray does need a lot of work yet imo but ISI will crack it, I have no doubt about that. :)

5. woochoo

woochoo Registered

The rain spray works with the tdf values.
    If you don't mind me plugging my wip track...

Code:
    Reaction=spray Tex=rainspray.tga Max=1024 Scale=(1.0,0.05,0.03) Growth=(1.9,0.22,0.22) GrowthVel=(0.17,0.13,0.13) Power=0.46 RampSpeed=700 OffsetVel=0.10 ASDEnvelope=(0.01,0.5,2.7) DestBlend=InvSrcAlpha SrcBlend=SrcAlpha
    These are my current values. I can imagine a modern F1 would throw up more water, but the track is based on '67.
    Also possible I could have done a better job with the values, but I was just trial/error-ing

6. wgeuze

wgeuze Registered

Thanks woochoo :)

7. Antaeus

Antaeus Registered

looks on this thread
    http://isiforums.net/f/showthread.php/11645-I-want-to-do-test

its more track with fixed rain sprays

8. Hedlund_90

Hedlund_90 Registered

Once again, your track and spray modification looks really good :)

I'm no modder so I have no idea what or where this tdf file is... nor do I know if it can be changed without having mismatches online? It's track related? Do ISI need to release an update for their tracks to improve their spray?

However I hope ISI will fix it soon, with next update, so they don't leave it as it is to be improved 'later'...

9. Satangoss

Satangoss Registered

TDF is the material definitions file or more properly, Terrain Definition File, it controls the surfaces grip, their reactions, sound when running on, spray properties, etc, etc, etc. In RF1 this file was visible, it's not anymore (is packed).

If you guys like the Sebring spray (again: there's NO Sebring Spray, there's different TDF settings for the surfaces - the weather engine is in the game's core, there's nothing to do with track itself) it's just to copy the material properties from that track to all of them and repack. People who has no enough acknowledge about how ISI engine works curse me when I said that but it's only ignorance.

And yes, it will cause mismatch.

10. Kknorpp001

Kknorpp001 Banned

Please be gentle, but if rain spray really makes it hard to see is there a way to make it impossible to change in multiplayer but keep the ability to disable via turning effects off? Reasons for asking is that I will mainly use rain to add another dynamic element to the track regarding grip but to be honest I am not sure I will be able to handle the spray because I believe it will give me a headache trying to see. Yes, I know this is not realistic but not sure I want that much realism :). Call me what you want but it shouldn't matter if offline. No?