Waiting for server

Discussion in 'Hosting Help' started by Florea Calin, Mar 23, 2016.

1. Florea Calin

Florea Calin Registered

I recently started to make my own server and the first day, everything went perfect, also getmod and all that jazz. 2 days go by, and now i can say goodbye to getmod for some reason, also the biggest problem, when i get into my own server i get that "waiting for server" error, and im done. Anybody else can connect no problems at all ever. Also sometimes i can get in and not see the other people in there.

So it worked well first day, ports are opened, firewall not a problem, checked with my ISP also, everything is fine. I can play maybe 1 in 10 joins. I would really apreciate some help with this, because i couldn'f anything on them internets at all, only very old stuff that doesn't apply here.

Also why would get mod not work anymore, when i make a mod and the client has the components just not the mod, they server gets greyed out, cant even click race, if i send the mod it works. all the components are registered and they have links active, AND it freakin' worked first time i made a server, no pain at all 2 days ago. so what gives? hehe

2. Florea Calin

Florea Calin Registered

some updates
    - so i tested with 2 installs,with different port numbers in json file, worked a few time, then not anymore
    - tried multiple port numbers, lots of them, now if the firewall is on, rf exe files allowed, nobody can get in just me and it works for me. Something weird that, when i find the server i need to wait a few seconds before the start button is on, but it works for me, other clients no luck
    So after that port change, if the firewall is on, no luck at all, no matter what ports i put, (all of them forwarded in the router). Nobody can come in just me, with that small delay at join
    At this point there is no way outside clients can get it in.

Thought about turning off FW, so i did, everyone can get in, no delay at RACE button, but i get waiting for server.
    Different results if turning the firewall on for private or public, one lets just me in, one lets nobody, and one lets everyone, but i get "the message"
    Same thing with public and private for separate protocols in advance settings for TCP and UDP, different results if i turn the setting for just private or public or domain. I tried every combination of those, nothing was good.

That;s where i'm at now, it's either me, or someone else :)

3. floreacalin

floreacalin Registered

A bit of update:
    Tried 3 times this thing. So if restart my computer, start fresh, launch the server, launch, multiplayer, click race on my server, i get in and 5 seconds i get "waiting for server".

I go in my router setting at port forwarding, tp-link wr1043-nd, and i just set a port, any port, or delete one from there, when i start the server and get in, I get sincronizing for 2 seconds and im still in, everytime i turn of headlights, i also get that but im in, all good. Now if i get out and back in, waiting for server again. If i go to ports again an set a port or delete one, it works again. 3 times in a row, clearly something is there.

I do have an i5 4690, 20gb ram, game runs from ssd, everything capable on other sims, so it should be capable here to run the server and client on the same pc, my cpu is 45% max in this situation. Also my connection is gigabit fiber optic. It's fast upload and download.

So for now i gotta to that everytime i get into the server :) still better than nothing

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

4. Florea Calin

Florea Calin Registered

FIXED IT, i just had to update the router's firmware, everything fine. Rookie mistake :)