VR WMR no head position tracking?

Discussion in 'Technical & Support' started by José Santos, Jan 8, 2020.

1. José Santos

José Santos Registered

I've been running RF2 on my Lenovo Explorer (WMR) but tracking only works for the 3 simple axis and doesn't track the head in space, meaning I can't look in mirrors in other perspectives, can't get close to the dash, etc. Is there a fix for this?

2. ADSTA

ADSTA Registered

I don't use vr so I don't know if these 4 controller mappings are of any help.
    vr.png

3. José Santos

José Santos Registered

I use center head position but it just tracks head til, yaw and roll, it doesn't track the head in space.

4. JimmyT

JimmyT Registered

Does your Lenovo work in other software packages? Might be a hardware issue?

5. José Santos

José Santos Registered

No, it works fine with Assetto Corsa and Iracing

6. J0E

J0E Registered

I have a Lenovo and I don't understand what you are saying. The only thing I notice on occasion with the Lenovo is that if I lean left, the whole world shifts left at the same time. Lean right, world leans right. If that's the case, the only fix I've found is to go out to the Steam VR portal (not Steam VR, but the main VR screen) and reset the boundaries/seated position. If that's not what you mean, than I'm worthless to you.

7. José Santos

José Santos Registered

[​IMG]
    This is the best way to get my point across, I have 3DoF but I don't have 6DoF

8. ADSTA

ADSTA Registered

Ahhh, he can look around , pitch roll yaw.
    But can't move around in the x ,y, z.

He might have a dyslexic headset.
    Sorry, couldn't resist. :rolleyes:

9. José Santos

José Santos Registered

:D my bad, I was having so much difficulty expressing that xD But do the x,y and z axis work in RF2 vr with your setups?

10. J0E

J0E Registered

I'm still not sure. But I can turn and look left and right, etc. But if I lean my body/head left or right, forward or back, the cockpit will move with me. That's when I go out and reset the seated position. When it's working correctly, I can lean left, look out the cockpit at the ground. I think that when I look in the mirrors (the ones on the car and not the virtual ones you can turn on and off at the top of the screen) that my angle of view is fixed. Moving and looking in the mirrors doesn't give me a different view or angle. I'm still not sure if we're talking about the same thing. Try it. Quit the game completely and go into the windows portal screen and click the button to change boundaries and reset the seated position. If you tell me that doesn't make a difference, then we're talking about two different things (I have not been able to get the reset seated position in SteamVR to solve this...only the setting in the portal seems to work).

11. José Santos

José Santos Registered

Ok I did a reset on my seated position on WMR configuration (room boundary) and it finally works, thanks J0E!! And driving nordschleife now I get why people need to enable horizon lock, on the climbs I have to look up which doesn't happen realistically.

12. J0E

J0E Registered

Great! Someone somewhere said this is caused when there isn't enough light in the room and the headset automatically does this. I don't remember where I saw that. though. It may have been in the IL-2 forum.

13. José Santos

José Santos Registered

That's true, it happened with me (on AC at least) when I turn off my main light