VR camera stabilization needs fixing

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by Maarten Bakker, Feb 16, 2023.

1. Maarten Bakker

Maarten Bakker Registered

At the moment there is no option to fully stabilize the VR camera, even with the stabilization setting on high, the camera tilts and rolls a lot. For many people this makes it impossible to use rF2 in VR.

I've made a video showing how the VR stabilization compares to another sim. Both set to maximum stabilization. You can clearly see how the image tilts and rolls, where in the other sim it's not. The VR headset was placed on the floor, while recording the footage, so there's no movement coming from the user.

It would be great if it were possible to be able to set the stabilization from no stabilization to completely fixed.

Bizi-AircooledPoly likes this.
  2. Andrea Frollo

Andrea Frollo Registered

There is something wrong with your settings, I use VR too and I can assure you that it doesn't move like that.

3. Maarten Bakker

There is not much you can change settings wise. I've tried the ones suggested on this forum, but those didn't help. There's also quite a lot of people complaining, so in that case I wont be the only one with bad settings.

4. MileSeven

MileSeven Registered

Is that not just Head Physics settings? If so, it’s not surprising that it affects many people as they’re set on (and fairly extreme if the recent release - which seemed to reset all my basic settings - is anything to go by)…

My first drive out after the RC was promoted to Release last week was very short - first time I braked, I quit back to the pits and turned head physics off/down as the effect made my F1 car feel like a Stadium truck that had just face-planted…

5. Lazza

Lazza Registered

No, nothing to do with head physics. It's about disconnecting the head/camera movement from the car. The stabilize horizon we have does that by smoothing the camera movement, but it needs a few more settings to make it even more stable.

I mean, sure, head physics is bad, but the people complaining about the lack of stabilization are almost all aware of those settings and have already turned them off.

6. coasting&cruising

coasting&cruising Registered

7. Maarten Bakker

Yes, that's concerning the same issue