VR and .cam file settings

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Slamfunk3, Sep 1, 2017.

1. Slamfunk3

Slamfunk3 Registered

Hey guys,
    So i finally had a chance to try out rF2 in VR. Pretty much everything that's been said is spot on, incredible immersion but resolution still lacking. I think at this point it's still a trade off and thus a very personal choice for each to make. But i digress as that's already been covered very well here.

The actual reason for me starting this thread is to discuss the .cam file and how it influences what we see and how we see it. It's been discussed here in full detail plenty of times and as a result of one of those threads we even got ISI to give us in-car view pitch adjustment. For those not familiar let me just summarize quickly, there's a setting inside each vehicles .cam file that is an offset for the center of the monitor being above or below your eye level. Using the pitch adjustment it's possible to set this to match your setup. All good and well but yet I find there's an issue here. First problem is the fact that as more and more .MAS files are getting locked it's harder to figure out what the car is set to and then what is the offset that we need to use. There's ways around it, I line up head on with an AI and adjust till his eyes are level with mine, but this becomes a problem when VR gets involved. With VR the view moves around as you move around which makes matching up your eyes with the AI not exact in the least. Not to mention that while in VR it's now super important so have the pitch set correctly, otherwise what your seeing is a tilted (pitched) world.

Now my appeal to Studio 397 and modders, if and when possible, is to set the orientation offset in the .cam file to all zeros. That way it's all set for VR and it also makes it straight forward to adjust it to each ones monitor positioning. One pitch offset for all cars. Unless there's a reason that I am not aware of, I'd love to find out if that's so, I've always been confused as to why ISI and modders have used varying numbers for that setting. Thanks for reading.
    TK

Juergen-BY likes this.