vmods not being created

Discussion in 'Component and Mod Packaging' started by MarcG, Jun 7, 2012.

1. MarcG

MarcG Registered

Right, I'm trying to learn the vmods packaging to get to grips with its usage and see if its a viable way of creating offline racing with a car & track....but I've hit problems.

I followed the video tutorial (vmod vs rfmod) to the letter and I get no vmods anywhere, I go into the game like the aussie lass does in the video to install her mod but I see nothing in mine. The only thing I find relating the the creation of the vmod is a mas file with my mods name in my C:\Users... folder.

any ideas on whats going wrong? using Build85

I appreciate this maybe easier for online leagues and more beneficial but I'm already seeing some blatant fallbacks for both online/offline use!

2. Marco Bijl

Marco Bijl Registered

After you have choosen the name, and filled in the details for the mod and selected the car and track, you get the package screen. Before you click the button PACKAGE, first click on the little file cabinet icon on the top right, behind the FILE.
    View attachment 2755

You can select a location where to store the mod, and a name to save it as.
    You should be able to find it then ;)

3. MarcG

MarcG Registered

Thanks for that but it did'nt help, when I click the cabinet icon it asks me to Open a file so you cant select a folder.

I found out that because I had installed Rfactor to e:\RF2 it was'nt saving to any location, when I created a e:\Rfactor2 with subfolders it created the rfmod perfectly, slight PITA but I can live with it!

4. Marco Bijl

Marco Bijl Registered

Yes, you open a new file to saver the mod in ;)

It's a bit strange, I know, but thats where you select the location of the rfmod.
    Check your temp windows folder. Should be somewhere in your documents and settings/applicationdata/rfactor2 or something like that. It could be that it's there ;)

5. Luc Devin

Luc Devin Registered

Document/rFactor2/tools/ new folder "Packages"