Vmods and Vmods

Discussion in 'Hosting Help' started by Jan Cato Larsen, Feb 11, 2013.

1. Jan Cato Larsen

Jan Cato Larsen Registered

Hi all helpful souls, and ISI. Sorry, that was not ment as bad as it sounded when I read it.

I am wondering one thing about packaging your files for use in leagues. When you have a bigger community like Simjunkies (sorry, we are Simjunkies) it can sometimes be a pain to make a Vmod and then tell everyone to get the tracks, cars and so on, from somewhere else.
    So what I do is to pack all parts needed and make a huge rfcmp from it. Now, this is all fine and works perfectly. The issue arise when I get notes from participants that "We have all the parts needed, why should we suffer another 500+mb download to have double up"
    Do you understand what I mean here?
    Right. ISI, or any bright eye. Could this be possible for the future in any way?

Could it be possible to have 2 files for one mod? As an option in MAS2? One with "parts" included (500+mb as an example) and a Vmod without parts (for people who might have the "parts" already as separate rfcmp or rfmods). And have it working if you use either?

Damn I wish I was better to explain myself. I hope you understand what I am getting at here. I am pretty close to loosing myself here so I think I will leave it at that.

Cato.

2. UlrichBlanke

UlrichBlanke Registered

maybe this way:

1. create your vmod
    2. create a zip- or rar-file with the needed "parts" (all the rfcmp) in it