vmod changes????

Discussion in 'Wish Lists' started by clock, Nov 6, 2012.

1. clock

clock Registered

Is there any possibility to change them...
    its silly that for entry in every online server you have to download a vmod to play, and maybe you will not go to that server more and you still have it installed..
    And the most problem is that the vmod, is requires tracks and cars, and after you can't delete old tracks versions because one or more vmods are using it...
    Another problem is some vmods still ask for old tracks, example..
    today tried to entry in server with new (Motorsportranch) ok, so great i download mod, and NOOOOO, it requires old Black Hole ring 1.0, i deleted that track because i like the new Black hole ring 1.11...Solution playing offline alone, after 20 minutes i were bored and now typing here because i could not play online, or i have to install again a very old track like 1.0

(and when i try to delete track its like a nightmare beacuse build 118 dont says to me wich vmods are using it, and until you delete de vmods that uses that track you can not delete the track...

That things complicate so much the game, and for that some of my teammates would not like to play on rfactor2..(i'm worried because that means less people online and as you can see is not so much people online).

-Another thing is is related to selection of cars, its a posibility to make first a selection of the car, and when you select the car, you can see the skins of that car.. And no mixed like that is happening, because you have to passs so many skinss to arrive to the car that you wanna to use (that are putting a second display menu maybe 10 min of work not more)..

Best regards Clock..

1 person likes this.
  2. Abriel Nei

Abriel Nei Registered

Why do you delete old versions of tracks and mods? Leave them installed and you won't have any problems.

And vmods are about 1Mb in size...surely that is not too much to download. 1 Mb is like when you open a web page that has like 3 "big"(big as desktop resolution, so nothing specially big as a digital photo in full resolution) pictures on it.

3. clock

clock Registered

Easy i dont like to have 10 diferent versions of same track...
    And i use a SSD, now my rfactor2 is near to 9 gigas, and we still have only few tracks, soon could be 30 gigas as more track are coming, and if i maintain old track versions will be like 50 or 60 gigas thats so crazy, why having 10 versions of same track that you will never use???..

4. MJP

MJP Registered

Well the old tracks and vmods will hopefully go through natural wastage, as newer versions come out the old ones won't be wanted anymore and can be deleted. Trouble is like most stuff in rF1/2 you're at the mercy of the modders, as you've pointed out a new track has been released, someone's made a vmod to run it online but hasn't bothered to use the latest versions of other tracks required.

5. clock

clock Registered

so much worst newss...
    i have a car installed and some tracks...
    when i try to make a new vmod to play tracks that are not in the original vmod with that car, i could not done it, i get some error saying something about register and later done it (i tried to follow the steps on the video from the dev but somethings has changed because they done it on old build). but when i try to play offline it makes that rfactor2 brokes and could not play in single player and when i try to make a host is doesnt work too...

Why is so complicate to do that things???
    in all other games creating a host with track is so easy, why not hereee????

P.D: now i could get that single player start to work again, i had to uninstall the new vmod, and the old vmod f1 now dont appear on the list i gone to installed and manifest and deleted all his references, put the old vmod f1 on packages and install again, now is at least working...
    But could not put the new tracks that i wanna in our server that is so sad...

P.D2 : disregard all,Finally i could do it thanks to a video that I found on youtube from julia gracie and she shows how to do it, and worked perfectly fine....Thanks so much to that girl....
    Now i could select the tracks that i wanna and the cars that i wanna to run on our servers....

best regards Clock..

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 10, 2012
  6. rer8

rer8 Registered

As much as I agree with everyone's continued annoyance, I don't think there is going to be a change... but, I have been wrong before.