Vive VR - Extreme Lag

Discussion in 'Technical & Support' started by NYCPCRACER, Sep 19, 2018.

1. NYCPCRACER

NYCPCRACER Registered

I am besides myself. I have enjoyed rf2 in vr since launch. Recently I've experienced game breaking lag with my 1080ti, i7, 32gb ram system.

WIthin the first lap of my races I'll start to get wheel lag and the car will slow (even tho the speedometer is reading much faster) and ai racers will begin to accelerate away from me. What am i doing wrong? Ive tried different tracks and cars. I've tried reverting to steamvr release, instead of beta. ive tried reducing graphics to nearly minimum.

Noting is working. I race with a club and we are trying to get some competitive racing started with rf2 as it improves......but i cant participate if this technical issue isn't resolved.

2. NYCPCRACER

NYCPCRACER Registered

fyi ive tested with f1 cars at spa AND stock cars at daytona. same thing. so its not just a spa problem.

3. Narrowbackwing

Narrowbackwing Registered

Try this ———- deleted the player.json and let the game re-gen
    FYI, rf2 used to run far better for me before last update , I also still get lag every so often .

4. NYCPCRACER

NYCPCRACER Registered

i will do so, and post my findings on the thread. i greatly appreciate your time and advice. happy racing!

5. NYCPCRACER

NYCPCRACER Registered

no that hasn't worked. the cars start to stutter around me, the wheel lags, and then my speed just drops.

could it be the memory map plugin or the steam plugin? id hope the devs would address this.

6. MarcG

MarcG Registered

A Dev did right after you posted the same on Discord :)

7. ADSTA

ADSTA Registered

Why ask? Just remove it and test.
    Troubleshooting should always be done with only default vehicles, tracks, HUD and plugins.
    Steam plugin is needed but you could always delete it and Verify game files to get a new one downloaded.

o_O
    So tempting to be nasty......