Visual Road Conditions

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by FrtizRommel, Jul 24, 2016.

1. FrtizRommel

FrtizRommel Registered

Hello,

Does anybody know how to:

A) Make the rain drops larger? I can't really tell when it starts to rain.
    B) Make the "marbles" on track larger? I can't see the marbles at all from the cockpit cam and can only vaguely see them on the TV trackside cameras.
    C) Make the track "shinnier" when wet.

I have recently started playing rFactor2 MP and I am having trouble telling when it starts raining and where the marbles are. If these change are quick .json file changes please let me know.

Thanks!

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 24, 2016
  2. Nitrometh

Nitrometh Registered

I think until a certain point there is no water on the street. The asphalt just becomes dark. When the track is fully wet it's quite shiny. Bigger raindrops would be good. Sometimes I've got the feeling the raindrops suddenly (visually) disappeare when driving fast.

Gesendet von meinem GT-I9301I mit Tapatalk

3. stonec

stonec Registered

B) and C) are track-dependent settings, but indeed ISI tracks tend to be conservative with alpha channel, which makes the reflections quite minimal when compared to video below for example. A) I wouldn't make rain drops any larger, they already look way too large from certain trackside TV cams.

4. FrtizRommel

FrtizRommel Registered

I really like the video you posted above! Thats exactly the type of wet track I am looking for/want. I assume that can't be added, the fake puddles, to tracks by editing the GDB?