Vis Groups or use of LODs on track objects?

Discussion in 'Track Modding' started by Butters, Apr 21, 2015.

1. Butters

Butters Registered

Is it possible to utilise 3 different poly versions of on object within a track?

I currently have 3 different polyed versions of a fence post. I had hoped that I could set it up similar to how a Car .GEN file works (set up LODS for the specific settings i.e. <Max>, <High>, <Med>, <Low>) but I have tried this and it doesn't seem to be registering in game.

Has there being any updates to the VIS Groups? I know that D will allow for a high version to be used on Medium settings of higher and the E will allow for a low version to be used on Low settings. Does anyone know if there is an option that will allow for an even higher version to be used on high or Max settings?

Preferably I would of liked to of used LOD ins and outs but end of the day I would be happy if I can just utilize all 3 object types as it was with the intention to make the track user friendly on FPS for those with varying levels of pcs.

Cheers

2. TechAde

TechAde Registered

3. Butters

Butters Registered

Thanks for the link do you happen to know what vis groups N, O and P are? Hoping they might be the same as D and E but for High and Max settings.