Virtual Auto Parts website- looking for modders' input

Discussion in 'Car Modding' started by Guy Moulton, Apr 5, 2013.

1. Guy Moulton

Guy Moulton Registered

I am working with a site to support modders by creating a forum with links to downloads to off-the-shelf components for modders to use in mods. The theory behind it is that in many real racing series they will build a car using some custom components but will use an engine, tires, gearbox and other parts that are from standard manufacturers. The most obvious example is the Cosworth DFV engine which was used in lots of cars over the 60's, 70's and 80's.

Also tires will be used in several series. I'm sure there are other parts too and that's what I need feedback on. What parts are modular enough that they can be used in multiple mods? Already some mods are using the ISI tires in different mods and as tires are built I want to add them to the auto parts site so if you need tires for a mod, you will be able to find it there rather than reinventing the wheel (no pun intended.... well, maybe it was!) for each mod.

So right now I know that -tires and -engines and -sounds will be available. What else?

There's also an added advantage for drivers. If we have certain standard engines, then once a driver learns and understands a certain engine, when he jumps in a different car with the same engine he already knows the engine. Same with tires.

2. Arnao

Arnao Registered

I'll will be very please to help... but I'm Still a noob and just do thing by feeling not science...But I could certainly learn from other too and share what I've already learn...but I don't know if GPC guys will be OK to share...
    Anyway I really love this nice idea !!!

3. Woodee

Woodee Registered

sounds like an interesting idea.

4. Crankee Stroka

Crankee Stroka Registered

Lotsa stuff.
    Show us your site?
    (pls Guy).