Viewer Crashes on Startup with b494

Discussion in 'Technical Archives' started by blakboks, Feb 27, 2014.

1. blakboks

blakboks Registered

I updated from build 382 to build 494 through the Launcher, then I installed rFactor2_SDK_494.exe. Now, when trying to launch Viewer.exe (from <rFactor2 Data>\ModDev), I get a crash immediately on startup--before even getting to Scene selection / configuration window.

I'm going to try to reinstall both the main program and the SDK fresh to see if anything changes; but I wanted to file a bug report in case a.) there's truly something wrong with Viewer, or b.) in case there's something to do with the auto updater / SDK installer that needs to be sorted going forward.

See the attached image for the 'problem details' that MS provides--if it's at all useful.
    View attachment 11775

2. Jeremy Miller

Jeremy Miller Former ISI Senior Programmer

Thanks for report, should be fixed and patch has entered testing.

3. blakboks

blakboks Registered

Thanks Jeremy!

Any chance we'll get the patch before the next major update? I use the Viewer all of the time. I'd imagine most track 'artists' would work the same.

I've tried uninstalling the whole build (didn't delete the Data folder, though), and reinstalled the Lite b494, then the b494 SDK, and I'm still not able to use the Viewer.

Thanks again!

4. DJCruicky

DJCruicky Registered

Just grab the viewer file from an older build for now Blakboks.

I get "Viewer.exe is not a valid Win32 application".

5. blakboks

blakboks Registered

Yeah, I was doing that for a while, but I determined I "needed" the new one for some reason. Can't exactly remember why off the top of my head now. It might've been a bug/error I was getting, or maybe it was just to get the new auto-HDR to match textures to.