Very high GPU load on RTX 3090 cards

Discussion in 'Technical & Support' started by Glyn Cooper, Sep 20, 2022.

1. Glyn Cooper

Glyn Cooper Registered

Hello,
    Is anyone else showing 100 percent load on there RTX 3090 GPU with Temps in the 70s when running high resolutions in rf2.

I'm running an ultra wide using 5120x1440 resolution and ultra settings in rf2 at 120hz.

I'm seeing the GPU load in my NZXT CAM software and when I enter the track Temps jump quickly in the 70s unless I run the fans at 2300rpm.

Is this normal for these settings even with this card?

2. Highlandwalker

Highlandwalker Registered

I run an Asus 3080 Tuf card at 4k and it runs at near 100% most of the time depending on the track, temperatures are high 50s to low 60s. The Asus card is very good at maintaining good temps, your temps of 70s should be ok, its probably got an upper temp limit in the mid 80s probably about 84-85. GPUs do vary a lot at what temp they run at, it depends on the manufacturer. I do run quite an aggressive fan curve and I use headphones so can't hear the fan noise. Temps can also vary depending on how well the case is ventilated. Try playing with different fan curves so you can find a setting with noise versus temps that your happy with. I use to run an EVGA 1080ti which ran at about 73-75 degrees without any problems. You can't really damage a gpu because it will throttle back if the temps get too high and then temps will drop. You could try increasing the speed of your case fans a little to get more air flow through your case which will help with gpu temps.
    Hope this has been of some help.

3. AlexHeuskat

AlexHeuskat Registered

A GPU should be at 99%, if not, it's a waste ;)