Vertice Damage

Discussion in 'Car Modding' started by Butters, Apr 26, 2013.

1. Butters

Butters Registered

Hi everyone can anyone tell me how Vert damage works? We are getting towards the end of the modelling process for our mod and I wanted to try nail this before putting the car in game.

Basically what I want to do is have it so that dents can be create in the bumpers like the ones seen in the image below.
    View attachment 7475

Below is how the bumpers appear now. How do you think vertices should be added to try set the model up to get the desired effect?
    View attachment 7476

Thanks in advance for any responses.

2. Johannes Rojola

Johannes Rojola Registered

Vertex damage is not enabled yet in rF2, and there is also some sort of damage overhaul coming. I guess vertex damage will be still used because it is best overall solution. For good vertex damage results you need dense polygon mesh, problem is that it takes resources. For very small dents as in your reference, you would need even higher density mesh. It is a tough compromise... :/

Your car body in that model looks very good in vertex damage point of view.

3. Butters

Butters Registered

Hi thanks for your response Johannes.

I guess for now will just move ahead without worrying about it and come back to it at a later date. Below is a render of one of the cars (NZ Ministock). All going well should be exporting from Max by the end of next week.

View attachment 7484

4. Johannes Rojola

Johannes Rojola Registered

Looks very good :) Nice to see well made original content coming for rF2, and something that models fast paced close combat style of racing.