Vehicle specific AIW file

Discussion in 'Wish Lists' started by Tomislav Leskovic, Apr 14, 2019.

1. Tomislav Leskovic

Tomislav Leskovic Registered

Since I use rfactor for offline racing (don't have time to do online), I'm looking into ways to have better offline experience while racing AI. Current problem is that when creating AIW files, racing line (FAST line especially) depends on the vehicle that is being used when creating FAST line and is best fit for that specific vehicle. And that is not a problem when you for example use USF2000 for AIW fast line creation and then use same vehicle in racing, since they are all same type and would use similiar if not same racing line. But when you have multiclass racing, or even in the same class, like GT3 for example, there are different type of vehicles in there which have their own driving characteristics and what suits best for one car can be totally wrong for the other.

Idea here is to allow creation of car specific AIW file for track, which could for example be placed in UserData > player > Settings > [Track] > [Car] folder (just an idea of placement), and be used for that car if exists, or use track default if there is no car specif AIW file.

I think this would greatly improve offline experience.

2. Coutie

Coutie Moderator Staff Member

Check page 10, you can already do this: https://www.studio-397.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/12/rF2_AIW_Creation_Tutorial.pdf

3. Tomislav Leskovic

Tomislav Leskovic Registered

Thank you, this is what I've looked for :)