"Vehicle Set" still not working for Fanatec wheels

Discussion in 'Technical Archives' started by buddhatree, Aug 4, 2012.

1. buddhatree

buddhatree Registered

"Vehicle Set" still doesn't work for my Fanatec GT3 RS v2.

2. Patterik

Patterik Registered

Doesnt work with my csr elite either.

3. Terence Groening

Terence Groening Registered

Last I checked, Fanatec doesn't provide an interface to read/write the steering wheel angle. We have requested this, and they've acknowledged the request, but nobody's indicated that it is available yet.

4. Not a problem at all since you can force it easily on the wheel itself with incrementations of 10°!

5. Tuttle

Tuttle Technical Art Director - Env Lead

Another issue I have is that this option is not available for the DevMode. I've to change manually the variable in the controller.ini file, but the UI do not have the option available. This is the same as previous builds.

The upper shot is the DevMode. The bottom is singleplayer.

View attachment 3500

6. Uff

Uff Registered

Which is the worst think you can do, as you have to repeat this everytime you change a car. Yes, you can set up to 5 preset, but that's not how it should work. nKP, iR, FVA and even pCARS already got this right, so it definitely is already possible.

7. buddhatree

buddhatree Registered

Then maybe the pCARS approach is best: Set your steering rotation. Then in the garage, you set steering ratios.

So it doesn't matter what rotation you have, you can always get the steering ratio you want.

8. The worst would be not to be able to change it on the fly on the wheel itself like FANATEC proposes it! But you are right! I'm an open-wheel driver so it doesn't affect me but for the others it can really be a pain in the a.. !
    I need to think in a broader spectrum! ;)

9. Marc Collins

Marc Collins Registered

How has iRacing managed to figure it out? Works perfectly there by setting maximum range (900 degrees) and then each car uses a sub-set of that as appropriate.

10. jtbo

jtbo Registered

Vehicle set has never worked for my logitech wheel.

11. KeiKei

KeiKei Registered

I think too adjustable steering ratio should be on garage settings. Adjustable steering lock could also continue as it is. With this approach the steering wheel range would be calculated and set by the game but would only work with wheels which allow game to set their wheel range (for example Logitech G25/27).

I'll have to do some thinking on this and maybe could come out with an working idea.

12. buddhatree

buddhatree Registered

Heck, I would be happy if just the steering locks in the garage would let me use 900 degree rotation.

At 900 degrees, I need at least 30 lock in the garage (15:1 ratio), and a max 37.5 lock (12:1) would be great.

Some cars don't even go up to 30 :(

13. jtbo

jtbo Registered

I wonder if that is limited to car specs or if steering limit is fictional?

If car's tires can turn only 35 degrees with 3.4 turns of wheel and 17.5:1 is mentioned as ratio, then if one has wheel that turns more than 3.4 turns it should not be possible to turn wheel more than what allows tires to turn 35 degrees. I just don't know how much tires can turn in those ISI made cars in reality, I would imagine that they have put right numbers for those.

14. MaXyM

MaXyM Registered

It should work.
    Do you have latest Logitech drivers? (only a few the last gives ability to control wheel rotation by games)
    Do you have Allow Game To Adjust Settings option enabled? Note it is enough to set it only in global (system) device settings until you have not checked use special game settings in Specific Game Settings of Logitech Profiler.

15. Marek Lesniak

Marek Lesniak Car Team Staff Member

Some time ago I created a request in the wish list thread, for "steering ratio" as additional option. I hope we will have that implemented.

isiforums.net/f/showthread.php/4297-UI-Wheel-lock-vs-steering-ratio-(instead-of-steering-lock)