V8 Supercars - Possible Issue

Discussion in 'Third Party Content' started by nickbalti, Dec 4, 2013.

1. nickbalti

nickbalti Registered

I think (really think) I might have an issue. I am sure someone will quickly point that that I don't and I'm just being stupid but.....

When I click the race button this happens....

Adding to that, the cars will just NOT turn into corners. They are like boats. Now don't get me wrong, I'm sure they are more difficult to drive that other things but really, at this rate I'm going to end up with Quagmire Arm Syndrome -

[​IMG]

2. Marvin Morgan

Marvin Morgan Registered

I may be wrong but I think everyone gets this. I do for sure

3. nickbalti

nickbalti Registered

Thank you. Everything else is probably correct then :D

I will persevere ;)

4. whitmore

whitmore Registered

Hold your wheel before you click start to enter pits. Stops the shaking

5. Jim Beam

Jim Beam Registered

don't be putting the blame onto the V8s for your Quagmire Arm ;)

6. Maug

Maug Registered

It's just the FFB is set too strong.

7. Fraser74

Fraser74 Registered

I have a different issue. When I'm in the pits and I turn to go out, once I get so far the the wheel just turns on its own to a certain point. (Logitech g27). Pretty sure it's the mod not the steering wheel.
    It also feels like I've got speed sensitive steering turned on when I get up to speed. I wonder whether that's just the car set up, don't think so tho. Does anyone else get these issues?

8. Marvin Morgan

Marvin Morgan Registered

I think I know what you mean with the wheel turning. Haven't run these in a while although I love them! But in rF1 with realfeel and that other thing I would get the same effect. I think it has something to do with the camber being so extreme on these cars

9. Fraser74

Fraser74 Registered

Don't think the mod is finished anyway is it?

10. jimcarrel

jimcarrel Registered

I tried it a while ago, but ditched it. When I would pull out of garage onto pit road, I would get tire scrubbing sounds. Couldn't get rid of it. Became very annoying and made me doubt the rest of the physics.

11. jimcarrel

jimcarrel Registered

I didn't realize these cars had locked diff.
    I may try this mod again (with that in mind). I had tried some really extreme setups (what can be adjusted) trying to get rid of that.
    Maybe this time around I can give it a less biased trial.

12. Marvin Morgan

Marvin Morgan Registered

I didn't know this. Thanks for the info

Actually I think this mod is a "go-between" for something a bigger and better V8 mod from them. At least that's what I'm getting.

13. dbens1

dbens1 Registered

There is an update in the works to fix any reported issues (and adding some new rf2 features) .......... Hopefully will be ready soon :)

14. FlashQld

FlashQld Registered

This is an exceprt from the readme that was there when you first got the mod, if you got it from an official place. As some of you stated above.

(c) 2013 FVRFactor
    All Rights Reserved.

FVR V8SuperCars 2012 is a go between mod and is by no means finished. All the work was done in house apart from a couple of minor bits that will be from ISI. At present we have used ISI's animation for the driver so its not accurate representation of the wheel movement. We decided to get this to a driveable state and release it minus a few bits and pieces.
    It's not perfect and we will make a couple of updates as we are aware of a few issues.

Please also understand that several changes have been made to rFactor2 and are constantly changing. Several modders have said they won't release anything until rF2 is "finished". We took the gamble to give you something to race while we keep our next mod in development. We also asked for feedback so we can update which several good people have done on our forums. Although the patch has and is taking a long time it is not because that's how big it is. It has not been a priority as these are 2012 cars. Please understand it was built majority from scratch and converted in house to rF1, GTR2 and Race07. It appears run pretty well in those formats. rF2 is a new format to us and it is time consuming building a mod and tracks.

All the best for the new year - stay safe. To our members don't forget to look under the tree ;)

15. Marvin Morgan

Marvin Morgan Registered

I knew I read it somewhere but forgot and how exactly it was worded. I'm getting old so I got an excuse LEAVE ME ALONE!!!

I'm sitting under the tree right now so hurry up FVR Santa, forget milk and cookies, I got booze and smokes waiting for you.

16. MarcG

MarcG Registered

*cough*

17. Dave Millard

Dave Millard Registered

I had this isssue a long time ago, here is the fix...
    Open up the controller.ini
    "Steering torque zero-speed mult="x.xxxx" // Multiplier at zero speed to reduce unwanted oscillation from strong static aligning torque"