V1125 server not working

Discussion in 'Technical & Support' started by MaxRF2-F1, Oct 24, 2023.

1. MaxRF2-F1

MaxRF2-F1 Registered

Hi all, Previous version V1125 server is not working.

Me and my friend want to play an F1 mod together with AI. We got everything working, like installing the mod, setting up the server, etc. Now we are annoyed by the behavior of the AI and want to put RF2 back in a previous version, the same version when our mod was created: V1125.

It was easy to set the game itself back at the previous version.
    After that I get the game + the mod working (offline mode), but unfortunately the server does not work (the server is visible, but it says it also needs to be downgraded to V1125).

I deleted the current server from my PC and tried to install the V1125 server one with the following command:
    steamcmd +login anonymous +force_install_dir ..//rf2server +app_update 400300 -beta v1125 +quit

Just like the other server it installed on my PC and it was possible to create new mods and start the server with a mod. In the server folder, as with my previous server, I modified the multiplayer.json and player.json files in the 'Userdata/player' folder as mentioned on this website: https://docs.studio-397.com/users-guide/setting-up-a-dedicated-server

The only thing I did differently on my previous website was to open the following ports (I also modified this in the multiplayer.json:
    HTTP Server Port":27013 & "Simulation Port":54297
    So in my router I opened these ports:
    UDP+TCP 54297
    TCP 27013
    UDP 27014
    UDP 27015
    I also tried it with the original numbers from the website above.

The most recent server worked on the most recent version of RF2, but with version v1125 I don't see the server showing up in the game with server version V1125. Anybody know what to do? I did the exact same thing as with the most recent game/server.