Usie of Nvidia Event Queries to Control the Number of Buffered Frames

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by otta56, Mar 7, 2015.

1. otta56

otta56 Registered

Hello,

A question directed at the developer team regarding the maximum number of pre-rendered frames to buffer in rFactor 2.

Nvidia's SLI Best Practices document has the following recommendation:

"Use event queries to control the number of buffered frames. This allows the application to explicitly specify how many frames are buffered.
    Ideally, you want to buffer at least one frame per GPU on the system. This technique offers a good compromise of minimizing input lag, while also achieving better performance on
    both SLI-enabled systems and single-GPU systems."

Does the executable use event queries to allow the application to set the number of pre-rendered (buffered) frames or should they be set to the recommended 1 pre-rendered frame per gpu?

Thank you

2. WhiteShadow

WhiteShadow Registered

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 19, 2015
  3. Bart S

Bart S Member

Your pretty much asking them to stop what they are working/developing on to address your sole triple card needs, I hear you bro but most if not all don't have your budget, hence your request is bottom of the pile and will be looked at when ISI are in a comfortable position with development to look at your unique mega system to accommodate. I'm sure there is a middle mile marker system they try to abide by to optimise.
    If you could get a poll together or something that will better help your cause.
    At the end of the day its to make better racing for the broad community, I know it hurts but perhaps drop the two extra titan cards for single fast one till you know the problem will be addresses, you have to understand you are in a niche area and that will only give you an out n out advantage to win if things where best optimised for max power systems, hardly fair for anyone else on a small budget. I'd say ISI would be shooting themselves in the foot and nvidia would be making a massive gain on people willing to go the extra hog.
    Sorry Otta we all love our graphics to be real as possible but this is a pc only game and things are done by the general majorities needs. It keeps within development time scale

4. WhiteShadow

WhiteShadow Registered

I can not see how simple question like this : Does the executable use event queries to allow the application to set the number of pre-rendered (buffered) frames or should they be set to the recommended 1 pre-rendered frame per gpu? can stop what ISI are working/developing at the moment.