URD EGT skinpack

Discussion in 'Third Party Content' started by 2slow4u, Jan 5, 2017.

1. 2slow4u

2slow4u Registered

Hi,
    someone can tell me if there is a skinpack for the latest (V2.0) URD EGT mod?
    Thanks!

2. bhendrik

bhendrik Registered

look further down this page, egt skinpack, look at page 4 chris his skinpack wich put the endurance racers skinpack on to the urd cars

3. The Iron Wolf

The Iron Wolf Registered

4. 2slow4u

2slow4u Registered

Thanks!
    Where is the downside using virtual ride in offline racing?

5. The Iron Wolf

The Iron Wolf Registered

Actually, I re-packed before Chris's pack was available, and did not want to spend time comparing two approaches. Subjectively to me .rfcmp seems more rF2 way of doing it. .rfcmp way is also clean, uninstall etc, no messing with files. And, .rfcmp offers good single player experience - separate categories, real names, place holder cars are separated (again, I didn't try VR). I'd love to share re-pack, but haven't heard back from creators.

Please, let me know if Virtual rides allow smooth single player experience (I'd like to know for the future). Most importantly: is it possible to select only cars from series and real driver names, without fake liveries and fake driver names mixed in.

Last edited: Jan 6, 2017
  6. Chris Lesperance

Chris Lesperance Registered

For offline, there really isn't any downside. As Iron Wolf said, it is a bit subjective. I planning on releasing another update soon that will have most of the 2016 cars, along with some painted ES cars.

After that, I think there is a way to get the additional options that is beyond on what the Virtual Rides can do, but still be able to cut out and add single cars that the .rfcmp cannot provide. The game will take individual car .mas files from the Installed/Vehicles/*mod* folder. Look at misi's Brumos Porsche as an example. Not sure how that works in multiplayer, but it will allow better use of driver names and custom Genstrings.

Iron, if you want to do the .rfcmp go ahead :)

7. 2slow4u

2slow4u Registered

Ok, thanks again! :)