URD Egt lock-ups

Discussion in 'Third Party Content' started by davehenrie, Jul 12, 2016.

1. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

When I first started using the URD cars, all worked well. But I think I ran into some sort of problem when I tried to join a URD server. It was apparently using a different version of the URD cars and the server began downloading to me. I stopped the download and tried to delete and un-install all the URD folders. But here is my problem,after re-installing my original URD GT cars,
    I can run solo with any of the GT cars, I've tried at least one car from every year available. But when I try to load all the URD Egt cars as a group, I either get a crash at the end of the loading process or the cars load but I get severe graphic disruptions before it crashes again.
    I haven't found any one car that is causing a problem, I just know I can solo practice to my heart's content, but I can't load all URD cars.
    Using the Steam version of rF2, is there anyway to get a trace file?
    thanks
    dh

2. jerrymcc

jerrymcc Registered

Dave, long time no hear! We all had a great time with D3 at the Rolex24 in 2005, I think! Hope things are well.

Per URD: Are you using the latest version of the GTs and uninstalled the previous? I'd guess Getmod shouldn't work since it's a paid series.

I haven't actually tried the latest version yet, I'll do it soon. Also, I haven't gone to the Steam side ... yet ... but will have to soon.

Remember, you can add the trace=3 (I think) to the single or multi-player Launcher ... I guess that works with Steam?? Sadly, I've never found trace to be much help ... finds a lot of info, but seldom id's the problem.

Good luck, and good to see you're still around.

Jerry

3. Chris Lesperance

Chris Lesperance Registered

It's be 2006 (it's been 10 years all ready!!) Jerry :)

Again long time no see. Main thing I can think of would be a different version on the server. But like Jerry said, the Getmod shouldn't work or be turned off since it is a paid mod.

4. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

Feels like 20 years. Hello friends!

5. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

I think I have bigger problems than just URD, I tried the stock-cars at Texas, the mirrors and skyline were all washed out, I could barely see motion in the mirrors so they were active and working, but the graphic was like the sun was directly shining into the mirror and wiping out any view. I'll have to experiment a-bit more it seems.
    dh

6. kro388th

kro388th Registered

Sounds like it's time for a steam integrity check !

if your not familiar with it > go to steam ,game library, from the game list find rf2, right click to properties then local files, click the tab to verify integrity of game cash ,, kick back while it sorts your install ..

Also don't confuse "get mod" with 'download missing components' get mod will only add the vmod ,this will happen on most servers .. but get missing components can only happen when the server is set up for that ..and as stated above URD is a pay mod so you probably wont see a server with 'get missing components' turned on .. if you don't have the right track or something (mod.cmp) it will fail to install the vmod and give you a message ...

You might have screwed the pooch when you stopped the server from trying to install the vmod and wiped your folders ..

7. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

Thanks Kro, it says 8 files have failed the check and will be re-aquired. But I don't see any activity yet. Fingers crossed.
    dh

8. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

Well that seems to have fixed things. Even the Beyrons behaved. Mirrors are now clear again and the horizon is correct. No lockups and no screen distortions. At least so far in very brief testing. Thanks! I was/am new to Steam, so I had no idea that integrity check existed.

9. kro388th

kro388th Registered

Glad It worked ! You got off easy! Lol