Upgrade License standard to life-time

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Javi Soto, Jul 5, 2013.

1. 88mphTim

88mphTim racesimcentral.net

You can send through the difference via Paypal, with your RF order number, and we'll go in and switch the purchase. You can email me to get started on it: timw@imagespaceinc.com

Auto update actually right now just requires a valid login that has purchased on a machine somewhere.
    Lite installed is manual updating now.
    You won't be able to do multiplayer without an active account, so right now that's your main difference.

For me, the main thing is that we believe over the product lifetime, it will be worth $84.99 or more because of the fact it'll be a different product year on year, and have new content for free. So $84.99 one time is a good deal, and the other pricing of $43.99 + 12 + 12 +12 etc is essentially a way for people to pay over a longer period. Though obviously once we have supported rF2 for enough years, you'll end up spending more with the standard than the lifetime, as those $12 will add up.

2. CosmiC10R

CosmiC10R Registered

I agree as the total value far exceeds most things in life.
    Iron man 3 cost 32 bucks for me and my gf and that was two hours... It was a good movie though ;)

3. Javi Soto

Javi Soto Registered

I have a license of 39 € and I want to buy the annuity of 79 €, the convert would cost me 39 € to 79 €?
    The problem is that if you earn a pilot license and I would like to have a lifetime update, not if I explain, thanks

4. DrR1pper

DrR1pper Registered

Sorry to drag this out Tim but for clarity does that mean someone could install a newer build "Lite" installer over their currently installed build?

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 6, 2013
  5. CosmiC10R

CosmiC10R Registered

That is correct. Only updates core files but not component packages ;)
    Works for moddev too :). It's how i updated to moddev 240. Right over top

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 6, 2013
  6. willz

willz Registered

had this unfinished game that long i dont have a clue what i paid