Update from 101 -> 134

Discussion in 'Technical Archives' started by Steven Karlsson, Dec 22, 2012.

1. Steven Karlsson

Steven Karlsson Registered

I tried to do a manual update from build 101 to 134 (yes I'm a bit behind) on Windows 7.
    Download goes fine but when I try to install I get a pop-up with the following message
    "Removing directory: D:\GAMES\rFactor2\Installed\Showroom\rF2 Showrooms\1.0b was NOT successful
    Update procedure has detected and error and stopped"
    ...and a close button.

There is files in that directory. My user have full rights on the rfactor2 directory and it's recursive in the directory tree.
    I tried running the launcher as administrator as well. UAG is not active on that directory.
    If I remove the files withing the directory that phase works fine and the installer halts on
    Removing directory: D:\GAMES\rFactor2\Installed\UIData\rFactor2 UI\1.0c was NOT successful

Clean that folder up as well. After that it's smooth sailing. I have no idea why it would hickup on these two directories....

Just wanted to let you know in case someone else run into the same problem.

2. dandar

dandar Registered

3. Abriel Nei

Abriel Nei Registered

Maybe you are not supposed to update from 101 to 134, but from 101 to 125 and then to 134. Just a guess. Would be great if ISI would clarify if updates can be skipped.

4. 88mphTim

88mphTim racesimcentral.net

No, they can't. If you don't have the previous update installed to the latest, download the full installer and start fresh.