Unnatural controller difficulty

Discussion in 'Technical & Support' started by Saabjock, Jul 11, 2014.

1. Saabjock

Saabjock Registered

@Tim W. or anyone who can solve...

What is different or has changed between 660 and the latest build in steering dynamics?
    I can't find anything in the readme file to suggest any changes... and yet RF2 has turned into a real challenge (for me) just to drive straight.
    With absolutely zero changes other than the auto update to 770, my cars (all of them) have turned 'nightmarish' to drive.
    I am having to basically fight to keep the steering wheel centered.
    If I relax the grip from centerline the steering wheel pulls abruptly left or right for no reason...even smooth, flat straights.
    The FFB is still there and as good as ever...but that fight with the wheel is unnatural for any race car.
    I can sit in the pit box with the engine idling and it still happens.
    I've never had this issue on any previous build. It's really strange.
    I'd really like a solution, as it's seriously curtailing my running of RF2.
    Thanks.

System specs on profile page and I'm running a TM T500RS with 2.7.83.0 and Clubsport V1.0 pedals with 2.00 drivers.

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 11, 2014
  2. kaptainkremmen

kaptainkremmen Registered

Create a new folder, do a fresh install into it and see if it's any better.

3. Jamie Shorting

Jamie Shorting Registered

Nothing has changed in that regards, it's the exact same for me and all others I've chatted with. Something is up with your drivers or settings.

4. YoLolo69

YoLolo69 Registered

No problem for me. Wild guess:

In the controler.JSON file check value of:

"Steering torque minimum":0,
    "Steering torque minimum#":"Minimum torque to apply in either direction to overcome steering wheel's 'FFB deadzone' caused by friction",

Mine is intentionally set to 0.025, default value is 0. if you have any value here set it to zero (default) as a test.

I don't know why it should have change for you,worse checking, the effect you describe look like this value raised too much for some reason...

BTW your screenshot is unreadable, too small and low resolution.

5. F1Fan07

F1Fan07 Member

I haven't noticed any changes with my CSW in recent builds but this post is interesting because there's a guy in my league with a T500 that's been having a terrible time setting up his wheel. He ended up with some silly settings of 100 degrees in the control panel and 100 for car-specific rotation just to get a drivable car.

6. speed1

speed1 Banned

Still incredible good feelings here with the T500RS and the recently used IndyCar, with my car specific controler file. There can only be something messed up with the installation of rf2 or the T500Rs drivers and or the USB Bus drivers.

7. YoLolo69

YoLolo69 Registered

Right T500RS here also and feel really good, no problem at all, no steering range weird thing or whatever, all perfectly fine, and same config than previous build.

8. Saabjock

Saabjock Registered

Problem solved by deleting the Controller.json, Player.json and Player.plr files.
    I then restarted the game and reassigned all control inputs.