unlock all tire compounds

Discussion in 'Modding' started by jonno, May 21, 2023.

1. jonno

jonno Registered

hi all

i want to unlock all tire compounds for the btcc cars i don't know why but some tracks just dont let you use all compounds iv tried all sorts iv tried changing the track ini car ini an it will let me but when trying to join server i get cant download mod please can someone help me out im at a total loss as to what to try

2. Floopa

Floopa Registered

I'm pretty sure it's because those are the only compounds they are allowed to use in real life. Might be wrong.

3. Lazza

Lazza Registered

So, there are trackconfigs definitions in the car files saying which tyre upgrades (compound selection) are available at some tracks. You could override those with an upgrade, giving your own TrackConfigs file, which I guess is what you've done to make it work?

You won't be able to join other (normal) servers and use that upgrade, of course, but I take it you're running your own server and then it won't let you download the mod?

In that case, it's about hosting and/or building the upgrade correctly. Can you explain how you packaged the upgrade, ie what version of the cars you upgraded from, what version number you named it?
    And, can you explain how you're running the server and where you put the files to be downloaded?

PS You posted this exact same thing 20 mins later in the general section. Most people are asleep at the moment hence not getting an immediate answer, please remove the other thread to avoid getting advice spread across 2 threads.

4. jonno

jonno Registered

Ahh ok well i edited the hyundi latest version 1.50 i extracted the track.ini and changed the numbers thinking this would open up all tires i then made a new folder 1.51 put everything in therw from 1.50 with the edited ini file.. I remake the mad package install check in mod manager its in and shows damaged mod.. When i have been successful i get the cant download mod i think i maybe putting it in wrong folder to download tbh i assume it needs to be in packages installed not just root installed..

5. Lazza

Lazza Registered

The .rfcmp would need to be in the Packages folder to download automatically from the server. But you'd have to package it correctly with version numbers etc.

6. jonno

jonno Registered

Ahhh ok i get ya lol thanks.. Think ill close this thread and keep the other one open.. If i know how to close it that is lol dont have much luck getting things right lol

7. jonno

jonno Registered

any chance you can assist with repacking iv tried an everything goes ok until i load server then the cars don't show on list