"Uninstall of components" need more user friendly behaviour

Discussion in 'Technical Archives' started by GauchoRS, Oct 15, 2012.

1. GauchoRS

GauchoRS Registered

Trying to uninstall a component leads into this kind of message, if the component is used by a mod.

View attachment 4285

I don´t accept this kind of advise, hinding necessary information: in this case the NAME of the mod(s).
    Going through the whole lists of mods with severaly clicks eachtime to find out , if the component is used there or not, can´t not be the way to handle this.

There could be for example

- a field in the bottom of the mod manager window, keeping track of this mods,
    - the mods highlighted in mods list

so that I can investigate them directly after returning to the mod page.

2. 88mphTim

88mphTim racesimcentral.net

Not sure I understand, doesn't right clicking and viewing more into, give you the info you want from the extra field? Wouldn't that extra field being there when not needed (which it wouldn't be most of the time) just be clutter?

Not putting down the idea, just providing a point of view on it... Feel free to argue your point. :)

3. Axly

Axly Registered

if i'm not misunderstanding, i think the main issue is that it states "is being used in two mods" instead of telling which two. With a large number of mods eventually installed it's not easy to find the two in question.

4. Johannes Rojola

Johannes Rojola Registered

I just shift-del everything.

:p

5. Nibo

Nibo Registered

As Axly wrote, it gives number of mods but not their names. Its very hard or impossible to find and figure out what to do when you need to uninstall some mod/component thats being used in other mods. Its harder than in rF1.

6. Flaux

Flaux Registered

Yeah I had the same issue some month ago.

I couldn't delete a mod because some parts had been in use by other mods... Maybe it is smart to just ask "Would you like to keep those files" or "Would you like to delete all files"

Right now you just have to keep that mod you'd like to uninstall... it blows up the mod manager and the install plus the game ui in the selection screens...

7. Abriel Nei

Abriel Nei Registered

The problem is the Advanced info is working only for mods. So for example you can see what components a certain mod is using - so 1 mod is used by a list of N components. But you cannot see the reverse - so 1 component is being used by list of N mods. At least for me Advanced Info list for components is empty (Update info button does nothing).
    Probably a bug or not yet finished feature.

8. 88mphTim

88mphTim racesimcentral.net

Ah, got it. Thanks guys.