uninstall/delete

Discussion in 'Technical & Support' started by Tom, Apr 11, 2014.

1. Tom

Tom Registered

Recently I decided to get rid of some mods that I don't use any more so I went to MOD MANAGER and did the uninstall thing. In the past I would then have to delete the items after uninstalling. This time, however, the items were gone from the list immediately after uninstalling yet they still show up in the packages folder. Has the procedure changed? If so I missed it. Do (or,can I safely) delete the items from the packages folder?

I'm just one who doesn't like "clutter" so I don't keep things I won't be using.....I can always get it again if I want.

Thanks!

Tom

2. Jamie Shorting

Jamie Shorting Registered

After you uninstall in the mod manager you should have to delete them as well and that deletes them in the packages folder. The thing I don't like is you have to find the file in mod manager after you uninstall because it doesn't stay highlighted. So to answer your other question yes you can delete them in your packages folder.

If you're like me and like to keep things clean you can also delete the .cch file for the vmod in documents/rfactor2/userdata/player

3. Tom

Tom Registered

Thanks, Jamie....I appreciate the help.

4. Murtaya

Murtaya Registered

Using the filters at the top in mod manager to show mods that are uninstalled first will make your life easier. So select the mods button then hit the column marked "installed" so that "No" appears first. You can then shift select or control select to delete multiple mods in one click.

5. Tom

Tom Registered

Hey, I like that....thanks

6. Jamie Shorting

Jamie Shorting Registered

Well I just learned something as well. :p