Unable to make the AI use a given setup in the race.

Discussion in 'Technical & Support' started by Alejandro1, Oct 6, 2015.

1. Alejandro1

Alejandro1 Registered

Tested on FISI 2012 and the up to date versions of Silverstone and Brazil with latest build.

Unable to make the AI use a given setup in the race.
    Also unable to make them use assigned setups through player.json options.

Using "AI Setup" button for any of them on qualy/practice, that AI goes to the intended pace (the same pace that the AI is able to do with "I" key).
    Additionally, if the setup forced by "AI setup" sets any tyre other than the hardest compound available in the session, the AI will have their tyres changed, will go out, pit without a time set and will not go out again in that session. Theat setup will not be carried through to the race.

The "AI setup" function does not work in the race. Only practice and qualy.

Last thing I tried was to edit the FISIR2012_UPGRADES.INI from .mas and to package a new .rcfmp from the official content to install.
    Doing that the new default setup is given to the player - for example 98% brake pressure through the "hdv="s under the intended round.
    I put a whole setup in there and it works for the player.
    But the AI keeps the same 5-7 seconds faster pace they had by default.

Using "Force Setup" on the UI or the "Fixed AI Setups":true,"Fixed Setups":true option for the setups assigned in FavoriteAndFixedSetups.gal makes no difference other than to to restrict the tyre set that the AI can use in the case of the former.

And the difference in pace is not due to the fuel in the setup as also tested, of course.
    Video of part of the issues:

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 7, 2015
  2. MarcG

MarcG Registered

I too can not get them to work when using the Fixed Setups JSON entries (true) and also assigning in game, they simply do not use the setup provided. In the settings\<mod>\<car> folder there is the relevant file that points towards the setup they should use but they simply don't.
    I have tried a multitude of different things including Fixed Setups True/False in various ways but nothing I do works at all.

Default install, GTR Nissans at Bathurst.

3. MarcG

MarcG Registered

Fresh player.JSON, not working with Civics at Bathurst/SilverstoneGP/Joesville

4. MarcG

MarcG Registered

Ok further testing and it appears the Fixed AI Setups does indeed work (current Build 1008) except for the Fuel Usage, which is frustrating as it's part of the Setup and saved inside the setup SVM.

So, ISI can you please fix this for a future Build, thanks. :)

5. Alejandro1

Alejandro1 Registered

Thank you for taking the time to test this.
    I'm still not able to make it work.

Did you manage to get the AI on 120% to have the same pace as your car controlled by "I" key?
    Did you get the AI to use the softer compound?

I think I'm doing something wrong and losing myself between retests. Because I could swear too that it worked just fine - don't remember specifically about the fuel load - on a previous build.

One third or fourth thread about part of the matter was opened:
    http://isiforums.net/f/showthread.php/26870-AI-Default-Tyre-Compound?p=394051

6. MarcG

MarcG Registered

I only found out about the Fuel issue, I did not try anything else you mentioned sorry.